CyberQ with Power Raptor or Auber Wifi

Started by zueth, January 02, 2018, 08:45:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zueth

I want to get a PID for my Bradley Digital 4 Rack and want to be able to control the PID with iPhone, so that has me looking at the Auber WiFi or the CyberQ.

Looking for feedback on both and pros or cons.

The Auber WiFI is $296 with the 2nd meat probe.  The CyberQ with Raptor is $365 and comes with 1 meat probe, but looks like it has the ability to add 2 more meat probes so could have 3 meat probes.

Toker

The cyberQ is mainly use for BBQ but could be adaptable to electric smokers. The thing that get me more anxious about is that unlike the pid, it doesn't have a auto-tune fonction and could be a bite less accurate vs the Auber pid.

Gafala

Read the one star reviews, I would be a little leery of this unit no mention of the output to the heater, where with Auber it controls to 1 deg.
Bradley 4 rack Digital, 900 watt, Auber PID
Bradley cold smoke adapter
Char-Griller Smoking Pro BBQ Smoker with rotisserie
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
Custom Hard Cure Cabinet for Salami
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

zueth

Thanks for the info, where are you finding the reviews?

Gafala

Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"
One Auber Master Temp monitor and two remotes with probes, up to ten remotes can be used.

Habanero Smoker

I was going to reply by stating if you willing to purchase a Guru, then you may want to look at the Stoker; but for the past two days links to that site has not been responsive. I don't think they went out of business, but I do recall this has happened to that site in the past.

This is what I was going to post:

They're are a little more costly, and a little more difficult to get setup and use; but you may want to look at the Stoker. You will not only be able to monitor your cooks over Wi-Fi, but with optional software you can change the settings, set profiles etc. with either your computer or smartphone - depending on the software you are using. You will still need to purchase the Guru Raptor, or make your own SSR controller. The Raptor or SSR, takes the place of the blower. You would also need to make your own "blower cable". Which I made both my SSR, and cable. When I use my Stoker with my Bradley I stay within a 1°F - 3°F variance. It comes with six ports, and you can purchase more adapter cables to add additional ports. I have purchased enough accessories for my Stoker so that I can control my Bradly, and one of my charcoal cookers at the same time. I can now go up to three devices, but haven't found a need to run three at the same time.

Below is the site's url. I'm going to be trying it for the next couple of days; because I need to contact them about something.
https://www.rocksbarbque.com/

Here is a link to a couple of independent Stoker & Stoker II reviews.
Stoker II Review
Stoker Review

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Habanero Smoker

I
         don't
                   inhale.

Gafala

You do need a 2.4gh router or phone to setup the WiFi , other wise to could be a pain to setup. I'm talking about the one from Auber.
Brinkman Bullet Smoker
Weber 24"

Toker

The WiFi Auber pid too needs a 2,4gh router to works.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

zueth

Thanks, I have a dual band router that does 2.4 GHz and 5GHz

SmokinMoe

Still a little old school, have not upgraded to wifi or a phone app, but I have had two BBQ guru units since 2004.  The first one was the original design, and I just think it was not meant to last over 10 years but I had it for 11 years before it just wore out.
I am now using the digiQ, but not too happy with its design over the first one I had.
That said, I have found the digiQ is not reading the proper meat temp because I have probed my meat separately because I could not believe what the digiQ was telling me.  I was right. 
So, this digiQ is now a couple of years old and now that smoking is more mainstream, after this putters out, I will be looking at the ones suggested here.  Just my .02 cents.
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"

Habanero Smoker

I originally had the Competitor, then purchased the DigiQ. If the difference was only a few degrees +/-4°F; that usually is considered accurate enough between thermometers; unless it is a certified calibrated thermometer like the highedr end Thermoworks. Most commercial digital thermometer's are accurate within +/-2°F. So if the DigiQ is reading -2°F, and your second thermometer is reading +2°F; that can show a difference of 4°F between the two.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

SmokinMoe

Difference between the two probes was at least 10 degrees.  Pulled the meat according to the digiQ temp because the other probe was new and not sure how accurate since I did not test first but after foil, towel, coolering it, the meat was very tough which told me it did not reach the right temp to break down the meat.  The other probe was probably correct.
Bought a new probe for DigiQ, just to see if it made a difference since they were on sale over Christmas, and it worked like a charm. Both probes were within a degree or two, not like the last smoke I did. Not sure why the other probe was off that  much because the wiring is all good, no frays, and everything tight at the connections. 
"If I have to cook, I might as well watch it all go up in smoke!"