BRADLEY SMOKER | "Taste the Great Outdoors"

Miscellaneous Topics => General Discussions => Topic started by: tbronder5 on June 19, 2019, 07:51:54 PM

Title: High Temperature Wire
Post by: tbronder5 on June 19, 2019, 07:51:54 PM
Is there anyone out there that sells High Heat wore for me to do the dual element mod that doesn't charge an arm and a leg for shipping? Allied wants to charge 15 bucks to ship a 1ft section of wire and two terminals. WTF?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Title: Re: High Temperature Wire
Post by: Orion on June 19, 2019, 08:23:41 PM
Go to your local appliance recycling center, appliance repair shop or look for an old stove at the dump. All you need to do is get a couple of lengths of the 14 - 16 guage wire that is under the stove top section. You will recognize it as high temp by the fibrous rather than plastic insulation. Any appliance repair shop will have old stoves for parts and suitable wire available. Take them a box of donuts and I’m sure they will help you out. I got all my mod parts from an old stove.