E1 Error Message

Started by Michael, April 26, 2009, 02:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Hi Foodog;
Welcome to the forum.

Nice job in trouble shooting, and fixing the problem.

For those who do not have solder skills, that part is also replaceable.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Beerepair

HELP- Hello, just set up my brand new 4 rack digital smoker, (received as Father's Day Gift!), right out of box-  keep getting E1 error messages, swapped  sensor wire around 4 X's and machine still reads E1, checked fuse-OK, plugged and replugged power cords -no good, still get E1 :(

Beerepair

Hello- Self reply to my previous E1 message :P, opened up digital box, after checking and switching sensor wire several times, checked  plug and wiring continuity, OK-----gently unplugged sensor wire lead,(inside digital box-about 6" - from socket), found one of the 'micro ' spade connectors , was not fully pushed / locked into the push/ pull connector- machine works great !!, Bradley needs to do some quality control , before these machines leave the factory.  :D 

Habanero Smoker

Hi Beerepair;

Welcome to the forum. Glad to read you resolved your problem.

If you haven't seen it yet the below link is helpful in troubleshooting, and has serveral tips:
Bradley FAQ's

I
         don't
                   inhale.

mikecorn.1

Hello fellow members. Since Im having the same problem, hope yall dont mind me posting on this post. After 3 years of flawless performance my digital bradley is giving me the ole E1 error. Last week it was doing it right away and i swaped the small cord around and it went just fine after that. Today it did the same and i unplugged and plug and it worked for a while. After a while, i went outside to mow and heard the dreaded beep and E1 error again. I noticed that the puck advancer was jammed, a puck that was in there somehow jacked up. i took the smoker off and took the pucks out and re-put them in and it worked fine again. Later on towards the end of my smoke, the E1 error came back and this time it went crazy and it pushed all the remaining puck out. This is the one that is throwing me for a loop. What could of happened. any suggestions.  ???
Mike

Habanero Smoker

It could be the sensor wire, or you still can have something blocking the bisquettes from fully advancing.

Here is a tip that often works;
E-1 Error

Also over time the connectors get dirty. Cleaning the connectors on the wires, and at the base of the connection on the back of the cabinet and generator may help.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

mikecorn.1

Hello Habs.  ive tried everything to correct the problem. Wires are all connected. All ends are clean. Nothing is jammed in the puck advancer. Now the dreaded E error is back and the pucks will not stop advancing. I read up some more on this and it says it might be the micro switch right by the drive arm to the advancer. The little gray rectangular box with the black switch on it. How hard is to replace and how can I get one. Thanks for any help.  

Just took the smoker and tower apart, I checked every wire and made sure they were all connected good. I depresed the micro switch a couple of times and put everything back together. I connect the smoker to the tower and everything is working fine. I turned the smoker on and off a few times and everything seems ok. My concern is that this is what happened to me last week. What i dont like is the surprise E error in the middle of a smoke. What do you think could be causing this. Should i go ahead and change out the micro switch, maybe the cord that goes to the temp sensor or even the tem sensor wire behind the tower. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Anyone that you could pass this along to that might have some feedback would also be appreciated. Nothing like having the family over for some ribs and yard bird legs and you get the dreaded E while you're showing off  Bradley.Thanks in advance.   ;D
Mike

Bradley (Head Office)

Hi Mike

The only things that will give you an E error is the motor or most of the time the micro switch.

First, make sure that the wires to the switch are connected and firmly seated into the connector. Take the connection apart and check the pins inside the connector for corrosion.

Secondly make sure nothing is blocking that switch and the motor arm.

The motor should stop when the brass arms on the motor depress the black button on the switch.

If the motor continues to advance the motor needs to be moved closer to the switch by losing the two mounting screws and moving the motor closer to the switch we are taking fraction of an inch here.

If the motor continues to turn you have a defective Internal Advance Switch

The switch is not to hard to change you just need a pair of real small hands. ;D

Brian.

Habanero Smoker

I hope Brian has you up and running by now. I thought Yard & Pool sold the micro switch, but I didn't see it listed on their site. You may have to call Bradley to get one.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

mikecorn.1

Thanks for the quick response. I did check everything. Nothing in the way and nothing is corroded. I would venture to say that it is the micro switch. What puzzled me yesterday was that it did it right in the middle of the smoking cycle. I didnt check the the time to see if maybe it did it in the process of pushing another puck cause i was freeking out.  ;D How do i go about getting a micro switch. thanks again.
Quote from: Bradley (Head Office) on July 10, 2011, 07:37:03 PM
Hi Mike

The only things that will give you an E error is the motor or most of the time the micro switch.

First, make sure that the wires to the switch are connected and firmly seated into the connector. Take the connection apart and check the pins inside the connector for corrosion.

Secondly make sure nothing is blocking that switch and the motor arm.

The motor should stop when the brass arms on the motor depress the black button on the switch.

If the motor continues to advance the motor needs to be moved closer to the switch by losing the two mounting screws and moving the motor closer to the switch we are taking fraction of an inch here.

If the motor continues to turn you have a defective Internal Advance Switch

The switch is not to hard to change you just need a pair of real small hands. ;D

Brian.
Mike

mikecorn.1

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 11, 2011, 01:23:31 AM
I hope Brian has you up and running by now. I thought Yard & Pool sold the micro switch, but I didn't see it listed on their site. You may have to call Bradley to get one.

Gracias senor Habs.  ;D
Mike

velsom

Hi, I just purchased The Bradley 4 tray digital smoker, plugged it all in and received this E-1 error code and a constant beeping.    I have tried jiggling the sensor wire, swapped it around, and unplugged the power at the generator.  It stops for a few seconds and starts up again.  Any suggestions? 

Habanero Smoker

Hi velsom;

Welcome to the forum

The only other troubleshooting tips I can think of is to make sure that there is nothing blocking either connection ie: such as loose chips, dust. Sometimes there is some plastic residue left after manufacturing. Using a piece of steel wool or super fine sandpaper to clean the ends of your sensor cable, and the receptacle connectors. If that doesn't work, you may have a bad cable, and it will need to be replaced.

Check for cracks in the wire. If you have a multimeter, check each connection using the continuity test.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

darkswitch155

If temps are too cold the smoker will show this error. I put a pot of boiling water in the smoker , waited 15mins then the error code was gone. Tested this today, I live on Michigan and it was a freezing 14F today. I have a digital 4 rack bradley, also didnt have any issues getting the smoker up to temp.

Captain Pickles

Quote from: darkswitch155 on January 07, 2018, 07:56:59 AM
If temps are too cold the smoker will show this error. I put a pot of boiling water in the smoker , waited 15mins then the error code was gone. Tested this today, I live on Michigan and it was a freezing 14F today. I have a digital 4 rack bradley, also didnt have any issues getting the smoker up to temp.

Thanks for the info! Your idea of boiling water in the smoker saved me today. It was a cold day out and after a short time the error code was gone.