Stage 1 Ribs for Dinner

Started by Roadking, April 26, 2009, 06:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadking

Wife and I had Ribs today cooked up 3 racks in the Bradley usually do them in the Cookshack. Best ribs we ever did. Cleaned them up, slathered them with mustard and rub in some rub. Set the Bradley for 5 hours at 230 degrees. Went and did a Stage 1 upgrade on the Roadking. Came back after 4 hours and moved them to alum pans and poured in cup of apple juice (not on the ribs) cover them for another 1-1/2 hours. Went back to the Harley to put on Jackpots. Returned to the Bradley and took out the ribs and wiped them down with "Famous Daves BBQ sauce".
Wife said they were the best ribs I ever made, she said don't forget how you did them. Told her she'd have to buy me a new Harley so I can do a Stage 1 upgrade when I do the ribs.
Guess we won't be eating ribs like that again.  ;D

Oh yeh, just for your info the vent was half closed or half open for the whole time.

easyridinole

Roadking,

After a few short rides and the memory of the good ribs you might have to go to the stage two! ;D I have a '05 Roadking with a stage one upgrade and what a difference from stock! With Vance and Hines exhaust and the stage one I gained 13 horse.

I have some pork ribs I want to try pretty soon, but I dont plan on doing the stage two yet. :D

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Roadking

Quote from: easyridinole on April 27, 2009, 04:26:03 AM
Roadking,

After a few short rides and the memory of the good ribs you might have to go to the stage two! ;D I have a '05 Roadking with a stage one upgrade and what a difference from stock! With Vance and Hines exhaust and the stage one I gained 13 horse.

I have some pork ribs I want to try pretty soon, but I dont plan on doing the stage two yet. :D

Ole
I went with the Fuelmoto USA Power package. AC, Jackpot Dyno tuned mufflers, and the Power Commander V. I'm actually finished with this bike. In the future will probably go to a street glide.