Cheese and Something Different

Started by ragweed, November 26, 2013, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ragweed

Did a batch of cheese this morning and decided to try something my sister said "would be good smoked", cauliflower!
American and swiss singles, farmer and parmesan, plus the cauliflower

Smoked the lot using apple pucks.  About an hour for the cauliflower, two for the cheese.

The cauliflower didn't take on much color, but it sure smelled good.  Just had to try it and I was pleasantly surprised.  No ash flavor.  Tasted great!  Gonna do more for sure.

iceman

Next time wait on the cauliflower until the Swiss American is ready. Then smoke the cauliflower and melt some of the cheese over it.  ;)  :) Trust me  ;D

ragweed

Thanks, Iceman.  I've made a note to smoke up some more cauliflower for Christmas day when the American and Swiss is ready.

Saber 4

Good idea your sister had Joe, I think I'll have to give that a try. Makes me wonder about doing something like a smoked scalloped potato dish in the BCS.

ragweed

I think it was Tenpoint5 who told me, "If you can eat it, you can smoke it".  I agree.  I also think that whatever "new idea" us newbies come up with, the veterans here have already "been there, done that".  But they don't rub our noses in it.  What a great forum.

Boy, I get philosophical at 4 in the morning!!  Think I should go back to bed.

tskeeter

Ragweed, very interesting idea your sister had.  Did the cauliflower get any "cooked" texture, or did it stay nice and raw/crisp?  I'm thinkin smoked cauliflower on a vegi tray could be a new treat.

ragweed