Super newbie!

Started by badmojoe, May 01, 2009, 08:59:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badmojoe

picked up my Bradley yesterday at the Joe's going out of business sale.  30% off and no sales tax.  I assume I got a good deal and would rather not know if I didn't! :)

Have never smoked before but have a friend who turned me on to the Bradley.  I am super excited about it and plan to break it in this weekend with some baby back ribs.  Have a salmon fishing trip coming up in June and hope to bring back my limit to smoke as well. 

Have started browsing through the forums and plan to spend significant time going through them.

Where is the best place to buy the pucks?  They were all out at Joe's, was lucky to get the unit, had to drive to two stores to find one.

Looking forward to some serious smoking!

badmoJoe

watchdog56

I got mine at Cabela's luckily I have 2 about 1 hour each way from me. I also heard you could get them at Gander Mountain but not sure. And welcome, I just started with my new smoker and the people here are great. If you have any questions they will respond.

Mr Walleye

Hi Badmojoe and welcome to the forum.

Congrats on the new smoker! Sounds like you got a great deal!  ;)

Lots of the members pick them up on Amazon.com. Fairly often they have them on sale 4 for 3 with free shipping.

Also, if you haven't already been to the recipe site just click on the smoker in the bottom of my post. Lots of great recipes and stuff there all from the fine folks here on the forum.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Tenpoint5

Or you can always give Brian a shout over at yardandpool.com. Brian is also a member here on the forum.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Roadking

badmoJoe, Welcome to the forum.

Never smoked a Salmon before. Just can't bring myself to stick one of them things in my mouth to lite. Don't know which end to lite anyhow. Bet you got to puff real hard on'em.  ???

bigcatdaddy

Welcome badmojoe!!!

If you got any deal on a Bradley it was a good deal.  The best on the market(IMHO).  Ask questions anytime and the good folks on here will help you out.  I buy my pucks at alot of different places.  Amazon seems to have them the cheapest sometimes, but like the folks have said you can also get them from Brian at Yard and Pool.

Good luck and happy smokin!!!!

BCD

badmojoe

I ordered some pucks from Amazon and the bubba pucks.  I ran down to the outdoor emporium and picked up a box of alder pucks.

Seasoning has officially commenced!  My son already commented that the smoke smells sooo good.  :)

badmoJoe

starship

Welcome,

don't forget EBAY for Bradley wood pucks, you can some that are normally available.
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

beefmann

hi Badmojo

welcome to the forum and watch that " bad mojo "  when you smoke... you might end up with some badddd smoked food that dissapears right infront of you ... hehehehe

any well welcome to the forum and enjoy the information and fun here