Iron Chef Ingredients and Smack Talk Thread

Started by Tenpoint5, April 18, 2009, 06:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on May 06, 2009, 06:42:19 AM
It is springtime isn't it?  Wet though it may be!

I read somewhere that asparagus promotes the formation of certain kidney stones.  Those ain't NO fun.  So's I don't eat them much anymore.  In looking at it one way, the Iron Chef competitors are a sadistic bunch, especially the ones who wrap the Potential Pain in bacon!   ;D ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire
Pontificator Extraordinaire'

Hey Now, I resemble that remark!!!!    There was six of them bacon wrapped packets of goodness when I started my meal. Somehow when I finished there was only 2 left.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

pensrock

So who won the contest? Did I miss the voting and verdect?  ???

Tenpoint5

Quote from: pensrock on May 06, 2009, 01:34:55 PM
So who won the contest? Did I miss the voting and verdect?  ???
Find out on Friday Morning Pens. It is a close race between a couple of people, who happen to be tied at the moment!

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Caneyscud

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 06, 2009, 01:27:22 PM

I read somewhere that asparagus promotes the formation of certain kidney stones.  Those ain't NO fun.  So's I don't eat them much anymore.  In looking at it one way, the Iron Chef competitors are a sadistic bunch, especially the ones who wrap the Potential Pain in bacon!   ;D ;D

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire

Hey Now, I resemble that remark!!!!    There was six of them bacon wrapped packets of goodness when I started my meal. Somehow when I finished there was only 2 left.
Those things not only looked cool, they also looked good!  I've cooked asparagus tied with bacon, but not wrapped like you did.  Maybe this weekend.  I want to do a brisket anyways.  Right now it finally isn't raining.  Hopefully it will hold until this weekend. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Caneyscud on May 06, 2009, 03:57:22 PM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on May 06, 2009, 01:27:22 PM

Shakespeare
The Bard of Hot Aire

Those things not only looked cool, they also looked good!  I've cooked asparagus tied with bacon, but not wrapped like you did.  Maybe this weekend.  I want to do a brisket anyways.  Right now it finally isn't raining.  Hopefully it will hold until this weekend. 

Caney,
You don't have to be smoking to make them I didn't smoke mine at all just cooked indirect on the grill. You have to watch them kinda close cause if they get to hot the Asparagus will dry out and turn into black nasty. I have a product called Cookies Flavor Enhancer that I put on mine, works really good, but any rub will work on the bacon. Also I have never been able to get more than 5 stalks on a standard toothpick. Run the toothpick through the thick part and another on the top. Toothpick helps keep them flat and is a great Bacon hook.

Tenpoint5

DING DING DING WE HAVE A WINNER!!!! Congratulations to
Pensacola Jim!!

Great JOB Jim! if you would PM me your mailing address. I will get your Bradley Smoker Towel sent out to you and When Brian gets back will have him get your bisquettes out to you.

Congratulations to everyone that competed as well. Everyone did a Stand up job and I see everyone got at least 1 vote!!!

Tenpoint5

I would also like to add that I AM NOT a mean and vicious person. Prior to talking My Smack talk which was mainly directed at the TEABAG LADY and the PUPPY LADY. I did send them a pm telling them NOT to take me serious that I was just having some fun. To Which they both responded with "Game On Sounds Like Fun" or words to that effect! Hopefully I didn't offend anyone during this whole Iron Chef Smack talk thing.
Chris

KyNola

Chris,
I for one was personally offended and never speaking to you again. ;)  ;) (Until the next one).

You did a great job Chris.  Thanks again.

Larry

NePaSmoKer

I agree with Ky. Nice job Chris

Wish i would have got in on it.

nepas

La Quinta

He hurt my feelings... :D  :D  :D  ;D

seemore

Chris, what you fail to understand is that ALL of the fun was smack talkin' you right back!!!!!
NOBODY took you seriously, dude!

Gotta go - Tasha is trying to get into the sink again............

La Quinta

:D  :D  :D I don't know which seemore that was but dang...that was funny!!!