Wood vs biscuits

Started by capt_vitty, May 07, 2009, 11:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

capt_vitty

I am looking at buying a Bradly Digital 6 pan. I currently smoke with wood I cut, apple, cherry, etc..
I have some concerns about switching, because I have pretty dang good results with what I'm using.

Can you use wood in the Bradly Digital? Or, is it only the biscuits? This could be a deal breaker for me.

Thanks

Tenpoint5

Sorry to say but it is only the Biscuits in the Bradley.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

NePaSmoKer

With 10.5 on this. However there was a posting about a guy who had branches the same diameter as the Bradly pucks, He was cutting them into rounds with some fairly decent results. I have been trying some wood pellets on top of the pucks on the slide that have been working good. Gives me more smoke.

nepas

Habanero Smoker

Hi capt_vitty;

Welcome to the forum.

NePaS and 10.5 are correct. The Bradley is made specifically for the bisquettes.

Having said that; you can use other types of wood to smoke your food while it is in the Bradley; but it may not be practical for every day use. Occasionally I like to use peach wood, grapevines and other woods that Bradley does not carry. What I do is set the Bradley up for cold smoking, place a hot plate inside the cold smoke box and using a small pan you can smoke with your own wood.

Cold Smoke Setup

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

okeejohn

I use wood with my Big Green Egg and I find that the biscuits with my Bradley give a much cleaner smoke.

Okeejohn
Okeechobee, Fl