Yee haw... like Christmas this morning!

Started by ExpatCanadian, May 11, 2009, 02:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ExpatCanadian

Got into work this morning to find my brand spanking new, still cello wrapped copy of Rytek Kutas sausage book waiting for me from Amazon, AND the 2 big containers of Butt Rub that I had to order FROM GERMANY because they don't sell it anywhere else in Europe (as far as I know).  (Oh yeah, and some Tamiflu just in case  ;) since the world is panicking about pig flu!)

Better than Christmas!!  Can't wait to get stuck into some of Kutas' recipes, and there's some ribs at home in my freezer that have got BBBR written all over them!

Gizmo

That is if they let you out of work with all that good stuff.  I would claim eminent domain.  ;D  ::)
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

La Quinta

td...Dude...go have some fun...life is good!!!  ;)

manxman

Quote2 big containers of Butt Rub that I had to order FROM GERMANY

Could you post a link to the rub........ ta!  :)

Manxman

ExpatCanadian

Manxman...  thought you might be interested  ;)

The guys name is Thomas Stockinger, and the website is: http://www.bbq-profi.de

It's all in German, so you'll have to kind of muddle through it (unless of course you're secretly a fluent German speaker!), but you should be able to work out what is what.  You won't be able to use the online order system as it can't quote for shipping outside Germany.  However, if you e-mail him directly he'll provide you with a shipping price:

infoATbbq-profi.de
or
t.stockingerATts-komm.de

Replace AT with @ of course, don't want the guy to start getting spammed because of me!  I paid 12.90 Euros for shipping 2 x 680g (1.5 lb) containers.  Not cheap, but if this stuff as good as everyone says for a commercial rub, then I don't mind so much.  Cost of living in the EU!!

Now...  if only I can find a European source for Dizzy Pig...  dying to try that stuff too!

manxman

Thanks for the info tdc, I would also like to try some of the Dizzy Pig range.

Got a couple of friends heading across the pond this summer and plan on asking them to keep some space in their luggage on the way back!!  ;) :D
Manxman

Tenpoint5

TDC and Manxman
I have a friend that has a shop in Denmark. I sent him a email to see if he carries the Dizzy Pig. As soon as I find out I will let you guys know.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

ExpatCanadian

Excellent, sounds good.  If all else fails, I have a sister who lives in Washington state and I'm going for a visit in July/August this year, so I'll probably have some shipped to her address in advance....  Manxman, let me know what you wanna be hooked up with, and we'll sort something out  ;)

manxman

QuoteI have a friend that has a shop in Denmark. I sent him a email to see if he carries the Dizzy Pig. As soon as I find out I will let you guys know.

QuoteManxman, let me know what you wanna be hooked up with, and we'll sort something out.

That's great, thank for the help and offer Tenpoint5 and tdc...........tdc I will PM you with a couple of choices.  ;D
Manxman