Hi y'all

Started by GlennG, May 13, 2009, 09:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlennG

Hey, it's Glenn from Burlington Ontario Canada.

Got my smoker for a few months, but finally got around to posting.  Working on some spare ribs right now.

Still finding the Bradley a bit drier than bbq even with 3-1-1, but still toying around.

Saw this post.  What a joke!  Holy smokes.

http://allrecipes.com/HowTo/Making-BBQ-Ribs-Video/Detail.aspx

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum GlennG!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

IKnowWood

Welcome to the fun.

That video did creep me out when those ribs came out looking pasty white, almost gross.  But it looks like the flavor of the ribs is BBQ sauce flavored, not Rib or smoke added. 

But what it did give me an idea is keeping warm in a crock Pot for a party.  Course I would likely separate them all out to maximize the pot and spread the availability.  How many racks of ribs you think can fit in a crock.  baby backs, maybe two or three.  Course making that many I might decide to just keep them home for Dinner, rather than wait and take them to a party...
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

beefmann

welcome to the forum glenn from south of the border

NePaSmoKer

Thats not "Q"

Thats ribs for yuppies. Never never parboil yer ribs

BTW Welcome Glenn

nepas

canadiansmoker

Welcome aboard Glenn. You;ll get the hang of the ribs after a few tries. It looks like pretty much anything would beat the heck out of that slow cooker mess from the video :o

GlennG

Yeah, I'm making pretty great ribs.  Just need some more practice.  But even I know better than to boil them!

Trying to do Char Siu (Chinese BBQ Pork) tonight.  I love the stuff.