Started by kaz, May 17, 2009, 07:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NePaSmoKer

Is that related to the chupa cabra  :D  :D  ;D

Welcome to the forum kaz

nepas

Caneyscud

Quote from: kaz on May 19, 2009, 03:26:45 PM
You're right (my bad) but actually I love Cabrita (goat)
I knew I was gonna like you.  I have to go to a middle eastern store to get goat now.

Quote from: kaz on May 19, 2009, 03:26:45 PMKrogers (around here) dont sell goat ..... or at least don't mark the packages as GOAT!!!
Now that is funny

Quote from: kaz on May 19, 2009, 03:26:45 PMNow .............. anybody got a really authentic recipe for Guisado?

I like this one for Guisado Verde.

This I make in a crock pot, not authentic technique, but tasty and carefree.

2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 pounds boneless pork shoulder
1 large onion, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped - I usually use more
2 (12 ounce) cans tomatillos, drained and chopped
2 (7 ounce) cans diced green chile peppers
2 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
1/2 cup fresh chopped cilantro
1 teaspoon dried oregano
Dash of Cumino
salt and pepper to taste
1 quart water -or chicken broth
1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
Sprigs fresh cilantro, for garnish

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and brown the pork on all sides. Reserving the juices in the skillet, transfer the pork to a slow cooker.

In the skillet with the pork juices over medium heat, saute the onion and garlic about 1 minute. Transfer to the slow cooker, along with skillet juices.

Mix the tomatillos, green chile peppers, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro into the slow cooker. Season with oregano, cumino, salt, and pepper. Pour in 1 quart water or broth, or enough to cover all ingredients. Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours.

Shred the cooked pork with a fork. Spoon the slow cooker mixture into bowls, and top with Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream, and fresh cilantro sprigs to serve.

BTW, just noticed your location.  30 years ago next month, the wife and I spent our honeymoon in the Arlington.  Loved those hot baths and massages!  And the Arlington had some sort of Matre' de butter that was out of this world good. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

kaz

Caneyscud (ya gotta tell me where THAT username came from!!) and Nepa: WOW WOW WOW.
You guys have got some recipes! Thank you for the Guisado. After reading your version it looks right!!!
I'm making that this weekend!!!!
The Arlington is still in business and doing great ........ the Majestic has become an old farts home (like me). Mrs. Kaz and I came up here years ago on a Harley from Louisiana for a HOG Rally ....... REALLY liked it and bought a piece of land ............. a few years later ........ cashed in our chips ..... and voilla!!!! we're Arkansans or Rednecks or whatever the joke of the day says we are !!!!
And then I discovered this goofy website full of really interesting folks from what looks like EVERYWHERE and I'm getting recipes, and buying tips .......... this is a great world!!!!!!
CHEERS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
KAZ

Gizmo

Quote from: kaz on May 19, 2009, 04:42:40 PM
goofy ......folks from what looks like EVERYWHERE

Wow,
Just got here and already have us pegged.   :D

I also have to agree with you,
Caney, that looks like a great recipe.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: kaz on May 19, 2009, 03:26:45 PM
You're right (my bad) but actually I love Cabrita (goat) ........ and as much as I'd love to try making it .... 2 things are against that happening: 1) Mrs. Kaz is a picky eater and goat aint on that girl's list 2) Krogers (around here) dont sell goat ..... or at least don't mark the packages as GOAT!!!
I meant Carnitas ....... and I love Carnitas!!!! So I will try that early after getting my OBS.
Now .............. anybody got a really authentic recipe for Guisado?
I'm afraid of offering ANY recipe to the pro's on THIS web site ..... you guys wrote the book!!!!!!!!

Don't shy away from posting recipes. Some of the most unique, and different styles of preparing food have been posted by new members.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

The moniker CaneyScud started a few years ago when I joined a fly fishing forum.  Had been going under the username 40something and would change it each year to 41something, 42something... etc...  Wanted something different that addressed my like of fly fishing.  My "home waters" are the Caney Fork River below Center Hill Lake in Middle Tennessee.  All the usernames that I could come up with, with Caney in them were already taken - so I thought what were the main food sources in the Caney.  Some of the more glamorous ones were taken, but then I thought of the bottom dwelling, lowly Scud, this little non-descript, plain jane, sow bug, shrimplike creature - seemed to fit plus it wasn't already taken (and I just happened to have some in the tying vise), so Viola' - join the two - CaneyScud

BTW, you got any buddies in the Ouachita whetstone business.  Looking for a hard white and a good black stone. 

I'm an Aggie so I understand the joke of the day concept!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Caney,
Find somebody with an old Black Slate pool/billiard table. I have a couple Blk stones from when I worked in the Packing House and that is what they was cut out of. Work really really good.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!