Couple Chickens

Started by easyridinole, May 17, 2009, 08:19:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyridinole

I did a couple of chickens this past weekend injected with creole butter along with some Dizzy Dust under the skin and I used Pecan for the smoke.

I smoked for about 2.5 hrs. and took the internal temp up to 165 and they turned out awesome.

Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

Smokin Soon

That's one good looking yard bird! Congrats on a successful cook.  ;D

deb415611

Nice easyridinole,

I did a couple this weekend as well.

Deb

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

easyridinole

Thanks everyone!
My friends Grandfather raised about 100 chickens every year and I help butcher them and usually end up with 10 or fifteen. ;D They average in size from six to eight pounds when we are done. Nothing better than home grown chickens! The juice just runs out of them when I cut them up.

Ole
Most people hate the taste of beer - to begin with. It is, however, a prejudice that many people have been able to overcome.     -WINSTON CHURCHILL-

OU812

You got that right on the home grown chickens,they taste more like chicken than the store bought ones.

I raise 50 each year and split them with my bro.

Nice lookin birds.

oldsmoker

GREAT LOOKING BIRDS. Might have to try one this week.
OLDSMOKER

NePaSmoKer

Yum

Those are nice smoked birds. Shred em up and into some flour tortillas  ;D

nepas

OU812

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on May 19, 2009, 06:11:06 AM
Yum

Those are nice smoked birds. Shred em up and into some flour tortillas  ;D

nepas

Or some homemade chicken noodle soup or diced on salad or chicken salad samwich or on a bun with BBQ sauce or in a omlett.

Ok Im hungry now.

easyridinole

Thats kind of the reason I made two of them. One to eat for dinner and the other for my wife to make her mean chicken noodle soup. ;D

Ole

OU812

Nothing better than a fresh pot of some "Mean chicken noodle soup"