How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Quote from: HCT on October 20, 2009, 04:49:47 AM
Great pictorial, 10.5 ;)
Glad to see you around again HCT thought you might have went AWOL on us
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cabledude7155

awesome ribs have wanted to make them for some time just been afraid to mess them up, but this gives me the coorage to try. one question though what would you or anyone recommend for the rub? my family doesn't like it hot or overly spicy.

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 24, 2009, 11:25:14 AM
awesome ribs have wanted to make them for some time just been afraid to mess them up, but this gives me the coorage to try. one question though what would you or anyone recommend for the rub? my family doesn't like it hot or overly spicy.

If you don't want any heat, I would just go with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika. Or any combination of spices that you and your family like. They will turn out great.
HawkeyeSmokes

Caribou

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 24, 2009, 11:25:14 AM
CableDude,
I'm just like you in being afraid to mess it up some how.
But if you follow 10.5 directions you will be fine.
I made these ribs last week following his steps and they were great.
I even had a "back up" rack cooked the way I usually cook them because my hubby was afraid I'd mess up! :D
Carolyn

cabledude7155

thanks hawkeye. question on your user name Hawkeye smoker would you be from Iowa? if so I am as well GO HAWKS BEAT MICHIGAN STATE.

cabledude7155

caribou what did you use for a rub? any suggestions?

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 24, 2009, 11:47:26 AM
thanks hawkeye. question on your user name Hawkeye smoker would you be from Iowa? if so I am as well GO HAWKS BEAT MICHIGAN STATE.

No problem cabledude! Not from Iowa, I'm your neighbot to the NE in Wis. Yup, I have to eat crow from you after last week.  ::)
HawkeyeSmokes

Caribou

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 24, 2009, 11:49:21 AM
caribou what did you use for a rub? any suggestions?
Here's the rub recipe I used:
http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=114
I does have a little heat so you may want to tweek it a bit.
I am not a fan of super hot food and it was not too hot for me BUT I would say it's a little spicy for kids since my 7 year old thought it was too hot.  :)
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 24, 2009, 11:47:26 AM

Where abouts in Corn Country are you Cabledude?

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

cabledude7155

10 points i am frpm around the Fort Madison/Keokuk Iowa. SE Iowa NE Missouri, Nwest Illinois. Are you from Iowa?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: cabledude7155 on October 25, 2009, 09:05:56 AM
10 points i am frpm around the Fort Madison/Keokuk Iowa. SE Iowa NE Missouri, Nwest Illinois. Are you from Iowa?
NE right between Cedar Rapids and Dubuque

cabledude7155

i get to CEder rapids alot one of my offices is there. cool someone from my hood.

cabledude7155

1 question when you use the foil, do you completly rap the meat in foil with the apple juice or do you just put them in foil but leave it open? 2 nd question could you use a little liquid smoke when you add the bbq sauce?

Tenpoint5

1) I completely wrap in foil
2) Why would you want to? That would mask the natural flavor of smoke you spent the first 3 hours putting on the ribs.

cabledude7155

good point 10. i plan on making them this coming weekend and will post the process, and success