How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hopefull Romantic

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on November 01, 2009, 11:03:52 AM
2) Why would you want to? That would mask the natural flavor of smoke you spent the first 3 hours putting on the ribs.

Good point indeed 10.5

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.

mbm

please explain the apple juice?  why not some kind of broth, like beef broth?
thanks!

Tiny Tim

I'll take a stab at this one.  You could use broth if you like, lots of people use the apple juice because the apple flavor goes so well with pork, and the liquid kind of steams the meat, leaving it's flavor in there.

Tenpoint5

My friend Tiny Tim has hit it on the head. Myself I tend to use Apple/Raspberry juice because that is a flavor my family enjoys. You are more than welcome to try any type of juice or broth that you like. As I said in the original post This is how I make ribs. You have to do what you do to make the ribs your own. Good luck to you on YOUR ribs!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Gizmo

For me, the apple juice doesn't seem to change the flavor of the Ribs at all, could be because they go so well together.
Now if you want to change the flavor, try some Jack Daniels, Wild Turkey, or other "natural"  :D flavor enhancer.
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

oakrdrzfan

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 07, 2010, 06:43:24 PM
My friend Tiny Tim has hit it on the head. Myself I tend to use Apple/Raspberry juice because that is a flavor my family enjoys. You are more than welcome to try any type of juice or broth that you like. As I said in the original post This is how I make ribs. You have to do what you do to make the ribs your own. Good luck to you on YOUR ribs!!

How much apple juice do you add?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: oakrdrzfan on January 08, 2010, 10:00:43 AM
Quote from: Tenpoint5 on January 07, 2010, 06:43:24 PM

How much apple juice do you add?

How much is a good splash? Thats all I put in there. You can put almost any kind of liquid in there.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

I'll be smokin' some ribs this weekend.  Thanks 10point.  Is the yellow sauce good for ribs or do you suggest something else?
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

Tenpoint5

The yellow sauce might work as a dip on the side. I would suggest just using your favorite BBQ sauce on the ribs during the last stage not the yellow sauce.

SnellySmokesEm

Thanks 10point, I will be saving the yellow sauce for Sunday's brisket
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

4eversmokin

I did ribs this way a couple weeks ago and they came out pretty good.  Some parts of the rib seemed to pull easily away from the bone and other parts seemed a little more tough.  I am not sure if maybe I should leave them in a little bit longer next time.  I think I am going to try and do ribs again this friday and will see how they turn out.

TTNuge

Works well on Baby Backs but I'm looking forward to trying this on some spare ribs next.  Finished up the last package of Baby Backs we had in the freezer and told the wife that next time I'm going with spare ribs.  Either way I can't complain.

rdevous

TTN..........the drooling has begun!!!

Ray

If you can't smoke it.....you don't need it!!!

theduke

I've used pineapple juice before while grilling ribs over charcoal with good results. Using the Bradley for the first time today. Going to try apple juice. I have the OBS and don't have a pid yet. I have 3 racks of ribs, am I going to need to leave it on high to maintain the 225 temp?

FLBentRider

Quote from: theduke on February 06, 2010, 11:40:12 AM
I have 3 racks of ribs, am I going to need to leave it on high to maintain the 225 temp?

Yes. I would keep an eye on it.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!