How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek_KQ700

I am trying this for dinner tomorrow. Side ribs, baked beans, baked potato's, and cole slaw. I picked up some Apple pucks today and a rub made locally here from "House of Q". In simple form 225 degrees 3 hrs. smoke, 2 hours foil wrap with apple juice, 1 hour sauce. Is this right?

KONRADHASS

Hi all,i,m new to all of this ,just got my digital Bradley and thx to your tip I ended up with some great spare ribs.I,ve put a bit too much rub though so they look a bit dark.3 hours hickory smoked ,+ 2 wrapped in aluminum foil, 205-230F.Brushed a bit of apple juice on top.Thank you !

Tenpoint5

Konrad,
Welcome Aboard. What a way to start posting on the forum!! Them are some great looking ribs. They look perfect from this vantage point. They don't look too dark at all. As long as they taste good!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KONRADHASS

Thank you very much,  they tasted  exactly as i was hoping, maybe even better.I,m doing couple more racks as we speak,I can eat BBQ ribs all day long.I love my Bradley Smoker !!!! ;D

Tenpoint5

And your just getting started!!! Insert evil laugh

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SnellySmokesEm

Konrad -
Man those ribbies look great.  What is this too much rub you speak of?  lol
Is it bad if my wife refers to the smoker as "The Mistress"?
MasterBuilt Electric Smokehouse
Charbroil Red 4 Burner With Auto Clean
Big Easy Smoker Roaster Grill
BBQ Evangelist

KONRADHASS

It may not be such thing as too much spice rub taste wise, it,s for purely esthetic reasons.. ;D
This is my rub choice for now.

Cker

Could you give us newbies the rub recipe!

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Cker on March 30, 2010, 05:48:43 PM
Could you give us newbies the rub recipe!
No Problem Cker here is the one I used for this pictorial.

General Purpose Rub Recipe
Mix together thoroughly the following:
•   1/4 cup dark brown sugar (packed). Use "turbinado" sugar for ease of use, but either works fine.
•   1/4 cup sweet paprika (Hungarian, if you can get it)
•   3 tblsp kosher (or sea) salt
•   1 tblsp ground pepper (fresh peppercorns recently ground!)
•   1 tblsp garlic powder or 2 tblsp granulated (not garlic salt)
•   1 tblsp onion powder
•   1 tblsp chili powder (no, it will not be "hot")
If you want to kick it up a notch add 1 tblsp cayenne pepper.

Store in a tightly sealed container, and refrigerate, to maintain freshness, for up to 4 months.

Cker

Thanks Tenpoint5, I will try this for my first batch  Cker

Tim_in_NC

I picked up an Original Bradley Smoker off of craigslist this weekend for $150 (the smoker had been seasoned, only used once and also came with a box of Hickory pucks, so it's like picking up a new unit) ... so I gave your pictorial a go and the end results were outstanding ... The wife and I are glad that I ran across the deal on the smoker as well as this great site to get us going ...

Thanks for making our 1st smoke a fun and delicious one ...

TIM

Quarlow

Sweet score Tim_in_NC, now thats a deal. Congrats. And welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Caneyscud

Tim_in_NC -  Great buy there!  Been looking for another one myself and have not run into a deal that good.  Congrats.
Now just be sure the digital camera is charged up - we want to see pics of the smoked goodies.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Tenpoint5

Congrats Tim good score and sounds like a good cook. Welcome aboard.

Tim_in_NC

Quote from: Tenpoint5 on April 05, 2010, 03:25:23 PM
Congrats Tim good score and sounds like a good cook. Welcome aboard.

Are you planning on doing one of these for Pork Butts?  I'm thinking of doing this next for some good ole pulled pork sandwiches ...