How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

I only smoke/cook spare ribs and learned you can't go by how much the meat has pulled back from the bone.

This link to AmazingRibs give you several ways to test if your ribs are done:

Are my ribs ready yet?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Raymillsus

Ok I am giving this a shot all I added was mustard before the Jansrub. Hopefully it will begood

frepar

just wanted to let you know that i've kind of been a fly on the wall on this forum for a while... sucking all the sweet sweet advice while not offering any.... dont think down on me  :-[ .... but i had to respond to this post becuase i tried it..... and i have some advice myself....  DONT CHANGE A THING!!

i'm not a huge ribs guy... never really thought the price was worth it when i've ordered em at an eatin joint... but my buddy approched me becuase he knew i had a tricked out bradley... i did the auber PID in the smoke box with a heat sink.... flawless operation... anyway, buddy bought some ribs on sale... wanted to smoke em... didnt have a recipe so i checked the forums... found this recipe... and boy howdy.. i coulda eaten two racks... just candy!!

So nice work!   

now back to mooching tips and techniques  :)

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Quarlow

Oh sh@& another lurker, dam I hate them lurkers.  ;D ;D ;D Just kidding. I think we all started out that way. Glad you had success with those ribs. Now that you have signed in you are done for, you will be here lots now. Welcome to the forum.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Wolverinesmoker

frepar

Ask and you shall receive, 10.5!  Pics on the way from today's endeavors!

and here we are!! 

you gotta start here..

rubbed em down with my personal favorite, john henry's wild cherry chipotle

preheat the OBS to 225 in this kind of weather:

throw the ribs in... kill some time for the 3 hours of rollin smoke....  watch myself on tv :)

wash the dog...

enjoy lake superior on a cold day from my porch

make sure we're at temp  (sorta)

admire the greatness that is bradley

forget to take pictures of foiling.....

take em out and take the money shot!

thanks again 10.5!

Quarlow

I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

SiFumar

So how is that John Henrys Wild Cherry Chipotle?

ghost9mm

They surely look good, they have to be good if you followed 10.5s recipe...(Chris)
Digital Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
The Big Easy with Srg grill
MAK 2 Star General
Char Broil gas grill

frepar

Quote from: SiFumar on December 04, 2011, 03:03:04 PM
So how is that John Henrys Wild Cherry Chipotle?

You know, the first run I had with this recipe I had no clue what to rub em with...found this in my buddy's cupboard and gave it a whirl.  I realllllllly realllllly like the rub.... Just don't pick your nose afterwards...it's smells deceivingly of cherry, but there's enough cayenne in there to cause mild to moderate discomfort after picking ones nose.... (this didn't happen to me...I researched it  :-X)

Tenpoint5

Alrighty then I guess it DID happen there is pics of it!! Time to make some more
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

SiFumar

Glad to hear it's good rub.  Just sounded interesting to me!  I've worked with enough peppers to know to save my nose picking for another time lol! ;D

banff_springs

Very well done.  I have tried the 2-2-1 Method and I get fair-to good results, was looking for something different and you've provided me with that "something".  Thank You for a job well done!!

hammer6969

hey how are u those ribs looke so good just wonding what kind of rub u used i just got my smoker for X-mas and i don't know alot about rub yet so could u let me know what kind of rub u used pls thanks