How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Illinois Hokie

Quote from: jdhunt0 on January 04, 2013, 10:35:51 AM
I'm getting ready for my 1st smoke and decided to do ribs.  I have a few people coming over and the butcher did not have enough baby back ribs so I bought some spare ribs as well.  What is the best way to go about cooking it all at the same time?

I'm thinking about just putting the baby back ribs in an hour after the spare ribs have started for a 3-2-1 for the spare and 2-2-1 for the baby back.

Any suggestions?

That's exactly what I do, but how many racks of each are we talking about? The more meat you put in the longer your recovery time is going to be. I find that about six racks of ribs is really pushing my OBS's capabilities.

GusRobin

When I do a mix, I start them at the same time. I usually do the spares at 3-2-1 and the BB at 3 -1.5 -1 (or 'til done). If the BB are done earlier I just FTC them until the rest are done.
"It ain't worth missing someone from your past- there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."

"Life is tough, it is even tougher when you are stupid"

Don't curse the storm, learn to dance in the rain.

jdhunt0

Quote from: Illinois Hokie on January 04, 2013, 12:19:00 PM
Quote from: jdhunt0 on January 04, 2013, 10:35:51 AM
I'm getting ready for my 1st smoke and decided to do ribs.  I have a few people coming over and the butcher did not have enough baby back ribs so I bought some spare ribs as well.  What is the best way to go about cooking it all at the same time?

I'm thinking about just putting the baby back ribs in an hour after the spare ribs have started for a 3-2-1 for the spare and 2-2-1 for the baby back.

Any suggestions?

That's exactly what I do, but how many racks of each are we talking about? The more meat you put in the longer your recovery time is going to be. I find that about six racks of ribs is really pushing my OBS's capabilities.

2 slabs of bb and 1 of spare.  Got the spares going and will be putting the bb in in about 10 min.

robdy

that was excellent my first try with the Bradley and it was a success thanks to you now I'm trying a pork loin center rib roast boneless but i'm flying blind so we'll see howw it turns out i'm sort of following your rib recipe

jdhunt0

They turned out GREAT.  On to tenderloin and wings today.

rocking23nf

Hi i wanted to say thanks for the recipe, i tried it and they came out fairly good, they just seemed a little tougher then we usually like, at 5 hours in they felt really soft an in the last hour they toughened up quite a big.

Should i just take them off at 5 hours? this was my first attempt at smoking.

Tenpoint5

Yep you can pull them at 5 hours if you want. This recipe is just basic guidelines to get you started. Then you can make adjustments as needed to suit your tastes.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

rocking23nf

Tenpoint5

They sure look like they was good eats

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

jdhunt0

My last batch.  Wish I had used a better camera and lighting.

salukijj

What is better  -  smoking them bone side up or down ??
Thanks...

Tenpoint5

salukijj

Thank you...  Usually do that, but have seen on TV both ways...

BigRich

Do most people trim their spare ribs... Rib tips and such?

STLstyle

Of course!  That's what makes em : STLstyle! 
Them rib tips are a delicious app for the cook...

DBS 6 Rack
Dual 500W Element Mod
BBQ Guru DigiQ / Raptor Combo