How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

It generally depends on my mood and how much time I have to prep the ribs. I do ribs both ways
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

WoodlawnSmoker

Just wanted to say thanks for the tutorial, smoked up my first ribs this weekend using the bulk of your recipe.  They turned out very nice, some of the best I've had and I think I can do better yet.I used cherry wood for the smoke.

Snoopy

Just bought 2 racks of spares, will be attempting sometime this week or weekend.

Smokey Ty

Should I leave the meat in foil after I apply sauce?
Learning the art of Smoke

KyNola

You can leave the ribs in the foil when you apply the sauce.  Just don't seal them back up.  Also, make certain that the Bradley racks are not completely covered by the foil.  You want the heat to be able to rise up through the tower.

Smokey Ty

Here is the first rack. MmmmmmmO0

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

WoodlawnSmoker

looks like you nailed it, I need to do this agian.

tailfeathers

Quote from: Smokey Ty on April 12, 2014, 01:09:21 PM
Here is the first rack. MmmmmmmO0

Yup, he's a goner now! He'll be doing bacon before you know it.
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Tenpoint5

I just noticed that he is from here in my neck of the woods ! What part of eastern Iowa are you from

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokey Ty

Cedar Rapids

Smokey Ty

I've had my smoker since beginning of December and I used it in the cold a few times. This the 2nd time for ribs but the first using this method and they Rocked. I have done several pork shoulders and they have been perfect.  My brisket is a work in progress. Looking forward to learning a bunch from you guys.

Saber 4

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Smokey Ty on April 12, 2014, 04:48:40 PM
Cedar Rapids

Bam1 is also in CR I am closer to DBQ in Cascade

Pistol Pete

Thanks for the post.  As a Newbie I am trying to get the ABCs down before I hit the rest of the alphabet and your post is perfect.  Where are the rack liners you are using from?   I imagine they facilitate cleaning, do they do anything else?  Do you still use them?

Tenpoint5

They are Frog Mats. I got them from yard and pool. Yes I still use them not so much for ease of cleaning.  More for anti sticking properties