How To Make Ribs in a Bradley Pictorial

Started by Tenpoint5, May 17, 2009, 08:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pistol Pete

Thank you, Sir.  I have a Lodge cast iron griddle that works great on my grill (can I say g-r-i-l-l in this forum?) but I am particularly looking for this to work in the Bradley and it seems Yard and Pool has a competitive price.

Frogg Toggs, frog baits, now frogmats.  It seems like the closer I get to croakin', the more froggy things I buy.

tailfeathers

You could also take a look at Q-mats from A-Maze-N's site. They are made of the same material as frogmat but you buy them by the foot and cut them to your desired size. They are (or at least were when last I checked) much cheaper. They come in several widths. I got them to make "baskets" for smoking nuts and chex mix.They work great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Pistol Pete

Thank you, young fella.  I appreciate saving a buck...gives me more to spend on meat.  Your handiwork is extraordinary,,,,and that would qualify you to be a smoking nut. (That IS what you meant, isn't it?) ;)

ragweed

Quote from: tailfeathers on September 08, 2014, 11:57:36 AM
You could also take a look at Q-mats from A-Maze-N's site. They are made of the same material as frogmat but you buy them by the foot and cut them to your desired size. They are (or at were when last I checked) much cheaper. They come in several widths. I got them to make "baskets" for smoking nuts and chex mix.They work great!

Great idea, TF!  I'll have to get some.  You should have see me trying to keep the almonds under control using just frog mats when I made your honey glazed recipe. LOL

tailfeathers

Yup they work great. Just cut the Qmat about an inch bigger than the racks and cut a 45 degree slit in each corner, fold and secure with small zip ties.

Where there's smoke, there's HAPPINESS!!!

Pistol Pete

Just ordered from A-Maze-N .  ...and Qmatz are on sale for 25% off!!!  5'x2', 30 bucks, free shipping.  Life is good!

ragweed

Sbuise

one simple question, when the ribs are put in the smoker and you start rolling the smoke, is the vent open or closed?

Thanks

TedEbear

Quote from: Sbuise on October 01, 2014, 12:57:05 AM
one simple question, when the ribs are put in the smoker and you start rolling the smoke, is the vent open or closed?

The vent should always be at least halfway open, no matter what you're smoking.  Some people leave it fully open all the time and others have even removed the vent flap completely.

Hemmakatten

Hello,
I am from Sweden and I'm new on this forum. Bought a Bradley Smoker last year and been smoking mostly shrimps and salmon, cod and similar fishes but also some bacon. This upcoming weekend I will try smoking spare ribs and that is the reason I found this forum. The original recipe seems to be great and I will follow it to the letter.

Pistol Pete

As I am learning, patience is a virtue... With plenty of beer on hand all will be well.  I tried to hurry my first couple racks and it was a mistake.  Also, my bride likes them wet. I like them dry and dipped.  Its a challenge but so worth it.  There are a couple guys on this site that are masters. They won't steer you wrong.  I like "fall off the bone".  Some like " a bit of tug"  Its whatever makes you happy...and plenty of beer.  When you hear yourself purr...you're there.

Martin_H

Hello, I´m new here. My first ribs in my B-smoker  - when I see the pictures here in forum, I'm ashamed a little ... :)

watchdog56

Welcome to the board. Ribs look fine to me.

Orion

Now I'm hungry! Looks like you did a great job. The fact that posted and added pictures is really appreciated. We don't get enough pictures.
It's going to take a lifetime to smoke all this.

Edward176

Hello Martin_H and welcome to the Forum. Th ribs look fine to me as well, actually I think I'll make some tomorrow after seeing the pictures.... Good Job.