Howdy from out West

Started by BruceH, May 18, 2009, 01:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BruceH

I went to check out the AZ Cabelas store last Aug (2008) and came across the Bradley Smokers.  While talking to the salesman, one of the other customers and his wife told be all about their great experiences with the Bradley.  So, home I went to do a Google search and I found this great web site.  After reading for hours and hours, these detailed posts convinced me that the Bradley was the way to go.  Two days later it was back to Cabelas and I had my Original Bradley Smoker, a cover, a Maverick thermometer, and a variety of wood.

I am at the point now where I am comfortable with the basics.  Although not contest winning, every meal has turned out very good or great thanks to the advice from all the members here.  The good news and fun part is that each effort turns out better than the previous attempt!  I've been getting my best results with beef brisket.  I've done whole chickens once and it was the biggest challenge.  What's funny is whenever I am smoking something, I am already thinking about what I will do differently next time so those chickens better be careful! 

Now that I have finally registered, I would like to thank everyone who has taken the time to share their knowledge with others.  I hope to be able to contribute as I learn more. 
Bradley Original Smoker - 4 Rack
Bubba Pucks, Maverick ET-73 Thermometer

KyNola

Hey Bruce!

Welcome to the forum.  Lots of interesting and informative folks on here.  They let me hang out on here too.  Sounds like you're well under way.  If you have any questions, no matter how simple or trivial they may seem, ask them.  I can assure you we have already all asked the very same question numerous times.

Hang out here with us and have some fun.

KyNola

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Wildcat

Welcome aboard.  Hang on an enjoy the ride.
Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.

CLICK HERE for Recipe Site:  http://www.susanminor.org/

Caneyscud

Quote from: BruceH on May 18, 2009, 01:13:35 PM
  I've been getting my best results with beef brisket. 
DDDDDUUUHHHHH!!!!  Is there any other kind of REAL barbecue???   I think not!!!!

Quote from: BruceH on May 18, 2009, 01:13:35 PMI've done whole chickens once and it was the biggest challenge.  What's funny is whenever I am smoking something, I am already thinking about what I will do differently next time so those chickens better be careful! 

I think in medical terms you can officially be diagnosed as having an addiction now! 

Welcome aboard BruceH!  As you've already found out the forum is a fount of information and experience.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

smokeitall

Smokin Soon

Welcome BruceH! Lots of reading to do here and on the recipie sight, sounds like you are off to a good start.

oldsmoker

Welcome bruce to the site.great crew and advice.
OLDSMOKER

deb415611