Another new OBS owner

Started by smokin all knight, May 22, 2009, 08:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokin all knight

Hi all,

Just got an OBS for an early Father's Day gift.  Was going to wait until then but it was on sale at Cabela's so what the heck!  Anyway, have done a couple of things already (rips, smoked sausage) with pretty good success but there is definitely a learning curve.  Staying home for the long weekend so going to try a brisket and some ribs again (learning from my mistakes last time ... they were good but not best ribs ever good).

Look forward to participating hear and learning from y'all. 

aces-n-eights

Welcome, Knight!  Lots of great advice on this forum.  I'm definitely in the rookie category and learn stuff every time i check in here.  Ask away - someone will get you headed in the right direction. 

I will say my experience with my Bradley has shown me that it is a fairly efficient smoker.  A couple of hours of smoke is usually is enough for most meats.  A big brisket or a load of ribs may take more, but i think it's easier to start with light smoke and work your way up.

And remember - low and slow.  Low temps and long cook times, right in the Bradley with no smoke or in your oven, will provide great results.

Enjoy and keep us posted!
US Army, retired, x2
Soldotna Alaska
"One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well."
Psalm 109:8

smokeitall

Welcome aboard Smokin all Knight.  good luck with the brisket and ribs, post some pictures if you have time.

Smokin Soon

Make sure you browse the rib tutorial on the recipe sight, can't go wrong!