Hello from Algoma, WI

Started by BrewFishSmoke, May 23, 2009, 06:33:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BrewFishSmoke

Ah, the three things I love to do (brewing, fishing, and smoking) and I can now improve on the smoke with my new DBS, thanks to my wife who saw the smokers on sale at Cabela's (good use of the $250 stimulus check that will be soon arrive).

Looking forward to using this forum to learn more from all the veteran Bradley smokers.  I have learned a lot from the forums for homebrewing and salmon fishing. 

Have been smoking salmon on a Brinkman charcoal smoker for years and smoking ribs on a big Oklahoma Joe smoker for just a couple of years.  Now with the DBS I hope to smoke something at least weekly and am looking for more consistency and not having to constantly sit with the smoker to monitor the temperature and flow of smoke, even though it gave me an excuse to sit and enjoy a few brews.

Bob

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum BrewFishSmoke!

You still have an excuse to enjoy a few brews...

I have learned much from those here....
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Thunder Struck

Welcome to the forum.

Not a fisher but, I CAN AGREE ON THE OTHERS!!!!!

smokeitall

Three great hobbies.  Welcome to the forum.  I am originally from WI and have been through Algoma a time or two, beautiful area.

Caribou

Welcome to the forum!
I love your user name, sounds like my kind of Triathlon!  :D
Carolyn

starship

Welcome to the Forum, and congrats on your new smoker.

Lots of good people here with good advice!

(What stimulus check?)
Amazing Ribs
http://www.amazingribs.com/index.html

deb415611

Quote from: starship on May 24, 2009, 09:03:19 AM

(What stimulus check?)

I believe what he is referring to is the $250 stimulus check to people who collect social security benefits. 

BrewFishSmoke

I have to agree with you Smokeitall, the Algoma area is a beautiful area and it offers good salmon fishing on the big pond.  This is our 5th summer here as a seasonal resident but had been coming to WI every year since 1986.  Our winters are spent down south in Shawnee, KS (my wife laughs about it not being far enough south, but some winters are not bad there).

Carolyn, sometimes I do feel like I'm in a Triathlon - I do all my brewing during the winter, this year brewing 16 different kinds of beer and bottling 42 cases of beer.  For fishing, we leave the harbor before 4:00 a.m. (fish till 8 or 9 a.m.) but it also takes time before all fish are cleaned and packaged for the freezer.  We used to be able to keep this pace up for 10 days, but anymore, I need more than 5 hours of sleep or I'm a zombie.

Being retired means that I do not have any income that they can reduce the amount of the taxes that are deducted.  So I am supposed to be getting a $250 check to help stimulate the economy instead of the extra $11 a week that most are supposed to get in their paycheck.

Bob

NePaSmoKer

Welcome BrewFish

Nothing like relaxing at the fishin hole and smokin a nice ceegar  ;D  (keeps the skeeters away too)

nepas