Hello Folks

Started by smokinRaider, May 25, 2009, 12:16:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

smokinRaider

Hey guys! Been lurking while waiting for my new smoker to arrive. Cant wait to get started. I ordered an Original Smoker and Auber PID. I've been reading as much as I can while waiting around so I can hit the ground running. Lots of great information on here.

3rensho

Welcome smokinRaider,

That's the same combination I have and it works great.  Lookin' forward to some pix after you get set up and smoke some stuff.  You're right too, a lot of good info on this site.

Tom
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

deb415611

Welcome smokinRaider!

In case you haven't seen the faqs and great recipes on the recipe site  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/showthread.php?t=481 
                                                                                  http://www.susanminor.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=180

Deb

JimmyDreams

Quote from: smokinRaider on May 25, 2009, 12:16:09 AM
Hey guys! Been lurking while waiting for my new smoker to arrive. Cant wait to get started. I ordered an Original Smoker and Auber PID. I've been reading as much as I can while waiting around so I can hit the ground running. Lots of great information on here.

Are you building your own box for the the Auber PID? I'm still waiting on my OBS to arrive and am contemplating making a PID. I am walking a fine line (new to smoking) of information overload/making it too technical vs. not having the right tools and risking frustration by bad results due to that lack of proper toolage. (is toolage a word? It is now!)

Good luck!!!

(edit: After looking around more, I think I'll get a plug-n-play Auber PID and not worry about building one. Someone mentioned using it on a crock pot. What a good idea! ;) I couldn't do that if I built the PID into the OBS....)

JimmyD
Oceanside, Ca.

Caribou

Welcome to the forum SmokinRaider,
hope you have fun with your new smoker,
Carolyn

Tenpoint5

Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum smokinRaider!

My Friends have you covered...

I have an OBS with the Auber plug-n-play PID. Works great.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!