New Smoker Requests Permission to Stay

Started by RammerJammer, May 26, 2009, 11:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RammerJammer

Afternoon guys!

I am a brand spankin' new member of the forum although I feel somewhat like a trader. I own brand "M" smoker, but simply cannot stay away from this forum. You guys are the most patient, knowledgeable, friendly group of online forum members I have ever run across. I have seen other postings welcoming non-Bradleyites, but felt compelled to ask permission to be a part of your outstanding group.

I will be attempting my first Butt tomorrow and am struggling to make prep decisions with all the great ideas I have found. I am looking forward to learning all I can.

I will figure out how to post pictures and respectfully ask you guys to critique and add suggestions as you see fit.
Aren't the four basic food groups beef, beer, bacon, and baked potatoes?

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard RJ!! I believe in the run what you brung theory. There is a post on the recipe site about posting pics. But if the food isn't any good then your outta here! ;D ;D
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E to the Forum RammerJammer!

Permission Granted.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Welcome aboard Rammerjammer!

I have 5 other smokers/grills other than the Bradley, not including two that I partially own - so bring your game. 

Hint:  as far as the butt, just pick one - follow the recipe exactly as written.  Many if not all end in a great meal.  After the first smoke, then think about what you might want or like to change - amount of smoke, type of wood, marinade, rub, etc... Then the next one make that change.  Keep doing that until soon you will have the butt that you dreamed about and wanted to taste!  The experiments will taste great also!

"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

OU812

Welcome to the fun.

I also have more than one smoker but the Bradley is tacking the show for the smaller cooks.

TAKE NOTES (before, during and after) so the next time you know what to change.

KyNola

Welcome aboard RamJam!

You're more than welcome to be part of this forum.  Heck, we have folks on here that don't own a smoker at all but they have an interest in learning about smoking foods.  Hang around long enough and I can almost guarantee a Bradley in your future!

KyNola

deb415611

NePaSmoKer

Welcome RJ

Dont matter what kind of smoker ya got cuz after your here for awhile we will turn you into a Bradley owner fast  ;D

Allot of us have more than the Bradley anyways.

Enjoy

nepas

Smokin Soon

Does not matter RJ. Its the spirit, not the equipment. Welcome tho the forum!

RammerJammer

Thanks guys and gals! I already feel welcome and look forward to a unique journey gleaning info from you and getting better at this great hobby.
Aren't the four basic food groups beef, beer, bacon, and baked potatoes?

Caribou

Welcome to the forum RamJam,
You'll find all kind of helpful folks and useful info here.
Regardless of your smoker affiliation.  ;)
Carolyn