Injected Chicken Thighs

Started by Tenpoint5, April 05, 2009, 07:48:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tenpoint5

Yesterday I made some boneless skinless chicken thighs. Since there wasn't any skin on them I figured they would dry out to much. So I injected them. I couldn't find my recipe for the Orange juice injection so I put together the following injection.

1/2 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
1/4 cup Dales
Juice of one Lime
Tblspn of Sugar
tsp of Onion Powder
tsp of Garlic Powder

I injected 9 of the thighs and seasoned with some of my all purpose rub. (Note injecting Boneless and Skinless thighs is a pain in the butt) I didnt inject the other 6 for comparison. These 6 I seasoned with a chicken seasoning from Aldi's that comes in a grinder. The blend consists of Whole Black Peppercorns, Mustard Seeds,Dehydrated Red and Green Bell Pepper pieces, Dehydrated Onion and Garlic and Coarse Sea Salt. PDG if you ask me.

I put them in the Bradley at 220 with a Maple Hickory Blend for 2 hours then finished bringing IT up to 180 on the grill. Result was Awesome. Sorry no pic's. Neighbor came over and Beer fridge was raided.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Ka Honu

So how did the injected ones compare with the control group?

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Ka Honu on April 05, 2009, 09:38:12 AM
So how did the injected ones compare with the control group?

They had a much better flavor IMHO. Beings that they were both dark meat the moisture was about the same, but the injected had a lot more understandably. If I could bring myself to eat chicken breasts I would like to try this again on them. I will use the injection recipe again might even try it on a Boston Butt
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Smokin Soon

For me, boneless skinless chicken thighs are as bullet proof as a pork butt! Marinade in Yoshida Sauce and minced garlic, Inject with a Cajun-Butter from Cajun Injector, wrap in bacon ect. Breasts can be done in same ways, but need much closer attention. Easy formula:

Skinless Thighs - Let the Wobbley Pops Roll!
Skinless Breasts - Pay close attention to IT!, and then back to Wobbley Pops!

em1ret

I did ten thighs and two breasts, and they turned out wonderful.....However I did not inject them.  Just a little seasoning, & wrap in bacon  :)
Very easy and tasty.....

Up In Smoke

love ya brother but the next time you get the urge to inject thighs try the reveo,(chicken thighs)
less chance of injecting a finger!
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Ka Honu

Quote from: Up In Smoke on May 28, 2009, 07:13:25 PM...less chance of injecting a finger!

Got me thinking about some of the "mishaps" over the last few months - maybe we need a new subheading in Miscellaneous Topics for "Food-related Disasters."

seemore