New Guy from Toronto

Started by DaBeef2112, May 27, 2009, 07:35:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaBeef2112

Hello everyone, I've been reading the forums for the past few days and I can't believe how friendly and helpful everyone is!

I bought my BDS a couple of weekends ago and I love it! So far I've cooked pork ribs, beef ribs, chicken and turkey. I also cold smoked some big thick T-bones and Ribeyes which I subsequently grilled. Everything tasted great but the ribs were a bit chewy (I made the mistake in following the Rib recipe on Bradley's main site). I'm attempting more ribs this coming weekend and with the knowledge I've gained from the forums I expect that they will turn out great!

Are any of the official Bradley recipes worth trying?

Tenpoint5

Welcome Aboard DaBeef!!

I have tried a few of the recipes in the recipe book from Bradley. Haven't had any major complaints. As for your ribs here is a link to a pictorial on how I make ribs. Hope it will help you out some. How to Smoke Ribs in a Bradley
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

10.5's pictorial on smoking ribs will have you pointed in the right direction.  Let us know how they turn out!

KyNola

Caneyscud

Welcome DaBeef!   I can't wait to use the line when we haven't heard from you for a while - Where's DaBeef!

Can't help you with the Bradley Recipes - haven't tried any. - at least not yet.  But did get one twice in the puck boxes that didn't sound like I would like though.  Something with fruit and meat - just not my thing usually.  I love to cook and get creative cooking, but my BBQ, I like certain ways. 

Sorry about the ribs, but them things are tricky sometimes, and sometimes it is just the pig!  But at least half, maybe more, of the fun, is dialing in your technique until you can get what you want on a consistent basis.  Nothing ventured, nothing gained sometimes.  But then, what is the risk, the results of the experiments are usually still pretty good eats!!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

lumpy

Hello fellow Canuk!
I'm just down the road in Kitchener. Don't ya see the smoke ;D

Welcome to the forum. Great bunch of guys and gals here.

Lumpy

Caribou

Welcome DaBeef!
Any relation to DaBeer?  ;)
Carolyn

DaBeef2112

I am really impressed at how friendly and helpful everyone is! Wow the rib pictorial is awesome I can't wait to try it. With this knowledge I am sure my ribs will turn out perfect. My first attempt tasted very good but it was too chewy (but still edible).

"DaBeef" is a bastardization of my last name "LeBoeuf" which is French for "The Beef".  A Perfect name for someone how loves BBQ and Smoking as much as I do. As for the "where's the beef comment", I actually worked at Wendy's at the time. Needless to say I heard that often...

I will try and remember to post pictures of my ribs!

Thanks again everyone!!!

Caneyscud

Man, I think I need to change my name.  Hill just doesn't kick it up for a barbecuer!  And to work at Wendys at the time - that is funny!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"