Wild Boar

Started by Kane, May 27, 2009, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OU812

Bacon Bacon Bacon Bacon

That should keep it moist.

Heck you could even chop up the bacon and put it in with the pork if your pulling it.

Kane

snaps fingers! now why the heck didnt I think of that.

OU812

That's what is nice about this place everyone helps each other.

5000 + minds working together.

CB

So the acid in the pineapple juice (fresh or canned?) would tenderize it and the bacon would seal and keep in moisture (essentially as we all know, the meat is now only a service vehicle for the bacon!)

Good stuff! Thanks
Happy Grilling!

Kane

chuckles, I have no idea how this turns out. I bought a can of pineapple. (I have a ham Im doing in the Nesco so I needed it anyway)  Figured what the heck and gave it a couple injections.

OU812

Even are mistakes taste good just not what we expected

Kane

The Bradley-DigiQ doin its thang.  ;D

Kane

3 hours of Jim Beam smoke - Temp at 131 right now.  Wrapped in Foil and back in for the night

OU812

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Bacon

So how did that bad boy turn out?

NePaSmoKer

Very nice  ;D

nepas

Tenpoint5

Now that looks GOOOOD!!!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

Kane

ahhhhhh, it was just ok.  The flavor was great but it wasnt as tender as I hoped for. I cooked to an internal temp of 180 than FTC for about 2 hours. I think Id go to 190 internal next time and Id try without the foil wrap

OU812

You can still save it .
Put it in the crock pot on low for about 6 to 8 hr. Throw in some apple juice to keep from drying out and the BACON.

Kane

thats what I did. the apple juice helped but I dont care for the flavor it adds to the meat. My guests did eat it all so I guess it wasnt all that bad.

OU812

Well at least you didn't have everyone turning up there nose up at it.

Even are mistakes can turn out good, not what we expected but good.