Hi everyone

Started by Cornbelt, May 27, 2009, 04:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cornbelt

Hi all I am new to the forums, I have been reading your posts some since I bought my new bradley smoker acouple months ago. And now that I have a bit more time I thought I would introduce myself and get in the mix and learn as much as I can from you guys.

I am pretty new to smoking, first thing I tried on the new smoker was a pork loin it turned out good second was spare ribs they had alot of flavor but werent really tender but I was still happy. This weekend I decided to have some friends over and smoke another loin and some ribs. The loin turned out amazing best I ever had, I marinated in stubbs marinade (stubbs products are amazing) and mopped alittle stubbs bbq sause on! The ribs didnt turn out so well  :'(  think i used to much smoke on them.

I want to try to smoke a chuck roast tomorrow and ideas. I would like to use a method were it could be done tommorow. THanks

and I look foward to meeting you all

deb415611

Cornbelt,

Welcome!

Caribou brought this thread up earlier tonight  http://forum.bradleysmoker.com/index.php?topic=8415.0  you could do this without letting it sit with the rub on it overnight.

Deb

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum Cornbelt!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caribou

Welcome to the forum Cornbelt!
I diddled with my Bradley smoker for a year before joining this forum and I cannot believe the things I have learned here.
It's made smoking food a new hobby for me.
You're going to have a blast!
Carolyn

Caneyscud

Welcome to the forum Cornbelt.  Smoking gets in your blood, its one of the few things that you can enjoy doing and enjoy the end product almost always as even the experiments or "failures" are usually delicious.  There is no reason that a chuckie would not be done in way less than a day, if you start it early enough.  Depending on the size of the chuck and how you want to serve it (sliced or pulled), it should be done in 4 to 7 hours or so.   I wouldn't worry much is you cant marinate over night, it will still be delicious.
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"