Vacumm sealers

Started by starship, May 28, 2009, 11:17:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stargazer

Congrats starship. Your really going to find your new food saver to be more valuable then you think.

Nice model too. I checked it out. You have the canister hose attachment. They sell a VERY nice marinade box. Very thick heavy duty plastic construction if your interested.

Also, keep the foodsaver site bookmarked. If you buy your rolls of bags through them on line or over phone, and if you buy 5 or more rolls you get an instant 30% off. On going deal they have to make it worth your while to buy directly through them.

They also work deals out with you. My dealing with them when I purchased some roll replacements, I asked about their meat marinade canister box. The salesman explained it with dimensions then the price that was exactly same on line. He hesitated then said, if I bought it with my purchase with my roll replacements he would take $10 off.

Can't beat that. Havent used it yet but its very strong.

They seem like a great company thats willing to work with you/ Thats why I place my orders with them on phone.

But the replacement rolls as their on going deal is as follows...

2 rolls 10% off

3 or more rolls 20% off

and 5 rolls or more 30% off

Pretty nice because with your Bradley your gonna buy alot of meats to save on hand for future smokes :)

Hope this helps and congrats on your new addition starship :D

Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Caribou

You'll love your Foodsaver Starship!
I got one from Costco a few months ago and it's wonderful.
It's great to be able to vacuum seal all our fresh and smoked sausages now.
Carolyn

Smokin Soon

I Think any of the Foodsaver models need at least a "One beverage rest after 10 seals" Rules to live buy!! ;D

Stargazer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on May 30, 2009, 08:14:33 PM
I Think any of the Foodsaver models need at least a "One beverage rest after 10 seals" Rules to live buy!! ;D
Yeah, I think thats even in the Foodsaver manual? If not it should be :D
Go here for all your smoke and grilling needs: http://www.yardandpool.com

Smokin Soon

Roger That!!! Gazer I gotta find mine and look! I bet it's in there.

oakville smoker

I just picked up one from Costco
I am liking it but its pretty challenging with wet things that you might want to vacum marinade
I thought the one I bought came with the marinador but the display was out dated and the newer model, although lower in price
did not have the marinador.  I dont know if its worth 30 bucks for the attachment, but if I see one go on sale I will be all over it
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

OU812

Ive had the food saver line for over 10 yr and i just now find out they have a discount if you buy from them.

Thats just my luck.

Oh Ya I totally forgot about this page and was going to get back with the model that i have its the 2830

I found that the "One beverage rest after 10 seals" works great

Up In Smoke

Cabelas has the food saver model v2490 on sale for 79.00 and some change,usually 169.00 i think, limited quantities
sorry i do not know how to post a link yet.
comes with 2 rolls of bags an adapter hose and 3 vac canisters.
trying link. http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?id=0071787519225a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCH_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=food+saver&sort=all&_D%3AhasJS=+&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1
i just got mine today and it looks like it will be a good deal.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

JF7FSU

I have found with the foodsaver, if I am packing "wet" items such as meats I take a paper towel fold it lengthwise and put it on top of the meat in between the seal and food.  While vacuuming it the paper towel absorbs the excess liquid and thus doesn't foul the machine or get into the seal.  I also find that I can reuse the bags I sterilize them and use them until they become too small to be useful.
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone

Up In Smoke

JF7FSU,
i will make soup or chili, even spaghetti and vac seal it.
i usually line a single serving bowl with plastic wrap, fill it with soup, freeze it
then lift out the plastic wrap, put the soup in the vac bag and seal it.
warm it up in the microwave, or pan of hot water.....works great!
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

you can also season your steaks or chicken partially freeze them and then vac seal them.
when you thaw them out in the bag....instant marinade!
2 Bradley OBS

HawkeyeSmokes

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 05, 2009, 06:29:48 PM
JF7FSU,
i usually line a single serving bowl with plastic wrap, fill it with soup, freeze it

Great idea UIS. Sounds like an easy way to make single serving meals.
HawkeyeSmokes

JF7FSU

Its a great idea, except I'm usually time pressed and would forget to take it out and vac seal it  :D  I add the paper towel for meat type items, not pure liquid stuff, I have canisters for that. 

Quote from: Up In Smoke on August 05, 2009, 06:29:48 PM
JF7FSU,
Posted via Tapatalk - iPhone