Bigred and the Raptor

Started by BigRed, January 30, 2005, 08:18:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigRed

To all the rapotr users, I need help!!  Just got the raptor and the guru. Following instructions I plugged the raptor in and the little yellow light goes on I then plugged the Bradley into the raptor nothing happened (Bradley lights did not go on) and the light went off on the raptor. I have the guru also plugged in and attached to the raptor where the fan connection is suppose to go. I am assuming that with the Bradley a fan is not necessary. I did not get one with my order. I am mistified as to what I am doing wrong. Any suggestions PLEASE? Thanks in advance for helping in this matter.

BigRED

nsxbill

Try extracting the plug on the raptor side just a little and wiggling the cord a little.  I think there is a bad female connector on the Raptor myself.  Doing that on mine always gets it rolling.  I have addressed this with Fred, and actually exchange mine.  The new one is the same.  Love the thing, but I think this is an Achille's Heel myself.

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Habanero Smoker

BigRed;
You were not clear on how you hooked up the BS to the Raptor. I am assuming you plugged the heating element to the Raptor, and not the smoke generator. If the information that Bill sent doesn't help, recheck your wiring.

When you say the "lights" on the BS did not go on, the Raptor/Guru should only effect the heating element light, it should not interfer with the power/light on the generator. Check your wiring, so you have the heating element plugged into the Raptor, and the Raptor plugged into the Smoke Generator or another outlet. Also make sure that the AC adapter cord is plugged into the "PWR IN 12 VDC" connection of the Guru; and the "Fan Output Power Raptor Cord" plugs into the "FAN OUT" connection of the Guru to the Raptor.

If the wiring was correct, try pushing the power button on the Guru? The BS temperature knob should be moved all the way to the right.  If not try that.

P.S.
If you did hook it up wrong, also check the fuses in both the BS and Raptor to see if they have not blown.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

nsxbill

Did you get your Raptor working?

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

BigRed

Bill and Hab!  Thanks guys for your help! I have been out and the rain has been pouring in Dallas so I have had to take the BS system into the garage. I will not be able to use your advise until tomorrow. I will let the form know just what is going on. Hab, I think I plugged the smoke generator into the raptor and that could be the issue. Bill if that does not work I will do the shaking or call the Guru folks. I will post tomorrow.  Again THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BigRED