Soon To Be Owner in PA

Started by shg0149, June 02, 2009, 03:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shg0149

Hello all!  I've been researching smokers for the past couple of days and I've decided to go with the OBS.  After lurking on the forum yesterday and reading many great stories, I am sold.  I'm very excited to get started!   ;D

car54

welcome shg0149,

Good decision. You are going to have a good time with the Bradley and the forum will give you as much support as you need. What do you plan for your 1st smoke?

Brad

shg0149

Well, the original reason I started looking into purchasing a smoker was to smoke baby back ribs.  Since I started looking and reading posts in this forum in particular, I've thought of at least 200 things I'd like to try.  But, to be fair to myself, I think my inaugural smoke should definitely be the ribs.

NePaSmoKer

Welcom shg

enjoy your stay here, loys of info here.

nepas

FLBentRider

W E L C O M E  to the Forum shg0149!
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Welcome shg0149   

I can just about guarantee you won't look back and regret the decision - only the decision to only buy one.  If one is great - more than one - logically, would be much better! 

Have fun on the site, and ask any questions.  No such thing as dumb questions, just questionable answers!  ;D  Oh, and while pics aren't mandatory, you do get gold stars for drool worthy pics!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

JimmyDreams

Welcome!!

A wealth of info is here, as well as some VERY friendly people. I just 'baptized' my OBS with my first smoke yesterday...a pulled pork butt. YUMMY. Patience is the key, as nothing happens fast, but the wait is worth it. (I'll have pics in another thread when I get home from work).

Enjoy!

JimmyD
Oceanside, Ca.

OU812

Welcome to the fun shg

Ribs for your first smoke?

They are kinda tricky, but if you do a search here on ribs you will be fine.

Don't want to sound like ribs are a bad choice they just take a couple of times to figure out how you like them but that's half of the fun is figuring out the way you like things done.