National Barbeque News?

Started by zzzippper, June 03, 2009, 05:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzzippper

Does anyone subscribe?  Is it worthwhile?

Habanero Smoker

I am member on NEBS (New England Barbecue Society); as part of that membership I get a subscription to this publication. It is good reading, information about competitions, techniques on barbequing, occasional explanations of cuts of meat and some recipes. I enjoy reading it, the recipes you can adapt for the Bradley, but if you are looking for something to help specifically with the Bradley this is not the publication.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Deflated

Habanero, have you been to any of the NEBS events?   There are a couple happening this summer that are within a few hours drive from me and I thought it might be fun to go check one out.  There is only one in Maine and it happen to fall on the same weekend that I'm attending a car show in CT.   The wife and I were both very excited about going, but now it looks like she may be attending it without me. 

Habanero Smoker

I recently join; November, 2008. I try to go to the NEBS functions that are also a part of KCBS. In July I will be going to the Troy PigOut, Troy, NY; The I Love Barbecue Festival in Lake Placid, NY; The Harpoon Championship of New England Barbecue, Windsor, VT (not sure if NEBS has a function there); and the Ribfest, New Paltz, NY (August). A lot of the functions are quite far, but next year I plan to attend more often, and try to make it to some of there classes.

I'm reading my first post, and forgot to mention that the National Barbecue News, also has reviews on equipment and books.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)