Puck Wont Advance

Started by rzorro, June 04, 2009, 10:48:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rzorro

The pucks will not advance.  When I push the button on the side of the unit the slide will only retract about 1/4 of the distance necessary.  As a result, a new puck will not drop.  I disassembled the unit.  The motor will only rotate through 90 degrees and then returns to where it started.  Does this indicate that I need a new motor?

Habanero Smoker

That has happened to me (and others) on occasion. First make sure there is nothing blocking the motor arm, and that the tracks that the shuttle travels it clear of debris. If you are still having problems your motor may have come out of sync. This seems to happen with there is a power interruption while the motor is running.

This tip may help:
Motor Problems

Also welcome to the forum.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Ed1978

I had exactly the same issue before. I did all the calibration tips to make sure the motor is in-sync, nothing help. Finally, I contacted Bradley and they sent me new generator since it was still under 1-year warranty. If your OBS is still under warranty, better call Bradley and avoid the headache.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Ed1978 on June 05, 2009, 02:41:31 PM
I had exactly the same issue before. I did all the calibration tips to make sure the motor is in-sync, nothing help. Finally, I contacted Bradley and they sent me new generator since it was still under 1-year warranty. If your OBS is still under warranty, better call Bradley and avoid the headache.

The tips are to help you get up and going as soon as possible. If you find that on early Sunday morning you have a problem, you have some guidance for trouble shooting. They are not meant to replace Bradley's excellent service. Some times it works some times it doesn't, but the last sentence in that tip instructs the user to contact Bradley.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)