Wade Bradley's Hamburger Jerky

Started by Sauce Bauce, February 01, 2005, 12:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sauce Bauce

<center></center><font size="3"><font color="maroon">
Hey to all!
I finally got around to viewing the video tape I got with my BS and really liked the looks of the hamburger jerky that Wade and friend prepared.  As best as I could with little to go on I concocted the following recipe.  I am not sure about cook time or temp and guessed at the measurements and was wondering if this looks right to anyone?

I thought I would give it a try tomorrow and would appreciate a review.  Here is the recipe:

<center><b>Hamburger Jerky</b></center>

2 lbs.  Lean Hamburger Meat (Ground Chuck)
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
Course Ground Pepper

1.   Spray smoke tray with Pam.
2.   Place tray on flat surface covered by aluminum foil.
3.   Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and 2 well beaten eggs together and thoroughly incorporate into ground meat.
4.   Place ground meat in smoke tray and press evenly over entire surface of tray to a thickness of 1/4" to 1/2" (no more).
5.   Sprinkle Course Ground Pepper to taste and any other seasonings you wish. (Garlic Powder – Onion Powder – Paprika – etc.)
6.   Place tray on top rack and set temperature at 200º.
7.   Place 8 hickory biscuits or 6 if using pucks (2 hours)
8.   After jerky is done, turn tray upside down on flat surface and press meat through openings until it is loose from the tray.
9.   Slice meat in 1" wide strips.
10.   Place jerky into plastic zip-lock bags and store in refrigerator.  Condensation will enhance flavor of jerky.
</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">
<font color="maroon"><font size="4"><font face="Script MT Bold">Thanks </font id="Script MT Bold"></font id="size4"></font id="maroon">

nsxbill

I will be doing some of that too eventually.  I know there is cookie press like gadget called a cannon for jerkey, but got the Dakotah Water Stuffer that has a jerkey kit with it.  Not a project for now, but one for a couple of months from now.  Haven't even opened the box to check it out yet!

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

jaeger

Sauce Bauce,

Looks like it would be worth trying. I have had good luck making the same type with the exception of using a jerky cannon to put strips on the rack. It gets a pretty good smoke this way also.

Let us know how it turns out.

Doug

Sauce Bauce

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

<center><b>Hamburger Jerky</b></center>

2 lbs.  Lean Hamburger Meat (Ground Chuck)
1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
1 Cup Brown Sugar
2 Eggs
Course Ground Pepper

1.   Spray smoke tray with Pam.
2.   Place tray on flat surface covered by aluminum foil.
3.   Mix soy sauce, brown sugar and 2 well beaten eggs together and thoroughly incorporate into ground meat.
4.   Place ground meat in smoke tray and press evenly over entire surface of tray to a thickness of 1/4" to 1/2" (no more).
5.   Sprinkle Course Ground Pepper to taste and any other seasonings you wish. (Garlic Powder – Onion Powder – Paprika – etc.)
6.   Place tray on top rack and set temperature at 200º.
7.   Place 8 hickory biscuits or 6 if using pucks (2 hours)
8.   After jerky is done, turn tray upside down on flat surface and press meat through openings until it is loose from the tray.
9.   Slice meat in 1" wide strips.
10.   Place jerky into plastic zip-lock bags and store in refrigerator.  Condensation will enhance flavor of jerky.
</font id="maroon"></font id="size3">

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="maroon">MY BOYS - MY BOYS!

I gotta brag a little here. This is the best tasting stuff I have had in my mouth for a long time. I highly recommend this recipe, exactly as written. I made 4 racks full and I don't think it will last until dark thirty!

In stead of pressing it onto a rack, I used a Jerky Gun and pressed out strips. I have ordered some jerky racks from ChezBubba but they are not here yet so it was a little difficult getting it to stay on the OEM racks but it was worth the effort. Lots of shrinkage.

Gotta go now and get another taste! Good luck all....</font id="Arial">

simmy

Sauce Bauce,

Is the 2 hours of smoking the only time it is in the BS or is there additional cooking time after the smoke? Also you said that you made 4 racks. Was that done seperately or all together? If it was all together what was the cooking time? Thanks for the info

Steve