Chicken and Bacon

Started by Oldman, January 31, 2005, 02:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crazy Canuck

Trying a teriaky marinade version of the bacon wrapped chicken using 2 pucks of apple and 2 of pecan hopefully for a mild blend. will let you know the results . Should be going into smoker at about 3:00 MST

Oldman

Now as to the loss of cheeze next time put the chicken roll upside down with the solid side down. Add a two extra tooth picks--one on each end of the roll and then using a white cotton string tie it to one of the toothpicks then then wrap the string around the other toothpick and pull the sting  until you have created a small cup. Tie off the string and this should stop your loss of cheese.
Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

humpa

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">One thing I noticed and I've had this problem before w/ bacon-wrapped pork tenderloin, is some of the inside bacon not cooking all the way. What I mean by this is, when you wrap the bacon around the meat, you often end up with 1 full wrap, plus say another 1/3. The bacon under the 1/3 second wrap doesn't get real cooked. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
This is exactly why the pork stays so moist. Even though you can eat the bacon as is,because it was cured and cooked, I like mine crunchy too. Grind up some pork and bacon to stuff some ABT's. Leftovers never go to waste around my house.[:)]

Ernie....Weymouth, MA

psdubl07

Yah, looks like most of it oozed out the ends and extra toothpicks in the ends would have taken care of it.
Great, easy recipe Olds! [:p]

smokinrookieswife

Olds, we did the chicken wraps. TOTALLY AWSOME!!! They were even great the next day. ( We never have leftovers around here either!)[:D]
We used Cherrywood pucks. Perfecto!  [:p]

smokem' from behind!

owrstrich

im gonna do some more this weekend... this will be my 5th time...

after the ftc is ziplock them and have for lunch for days...

this time im replacing the ham with pepperoni and using pepper cheeze...

im looking for a little good cheeze karma... i will be pleased if less than 50% commits suicide by jumping off the the heat deflector...

did i mention ftc really freaks me out...

more without prejudice later...

owrstrich
i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Crazy Canuck

Hey Oldman

Just Love the improvements you did to the chicken breasts. I
decided to try marinating them with a teryiaki sauce and using a mixture of Onion Garlic Gouda and Mozza. Will let you know how they turn out.

Addicted to Smokin[:p][:p][:p]
Dan R. @ Fort st.John BC

smokinrookieswife

Owstrich, I like cheese Karma too!! Me and smokinrookie are both into CHEESE!!!! PepperJack cheese is awsome. My fav!! [:D]<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />im gonna do some more this weekend... this will be my 5th time...

after the ftc is ziplock them and have for lunch for days...

this time im replacing the ham with pepperoni and using pepper cheeze...

im looking for a little good cheeze karma... i will be pleased if less than 50% commits suicide by jumping off the the heat deflector...

did i mention ftc really freaks me out...

more without prejudice later...

owrstrich
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

smokem' from behind!

Crazy Canuck

Oops[:(!]
Cheese commited Hari Kari! [:(]
Thought I wrapped them in the ham and chicken tight enough. Not enough cheese left to taste it.[:(!]

The guys at work did not know the difference and we inhaled all that was cooked. Oldman must have delicate hands to be able to wrap these tight enough that the cheese does not perform the disappearing act.

Will be trying these again. Even with my clumsy hands.[:D]

Addicted to Smokin'[:p][:p][:p]
DanR @ Fort St. John BC

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Oldman must have delicate hands to be able to wrap these tight enough that the cheese does not perform the disappearing act.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">LOL! Nope it is all in how you hold your mouth!

The secret is to take the seam of the roll and place it up not on the bottom. After you have wrapped the bacon take two toothpicks and stick them in each end of the roll sideways. Take a piece of cotton string and tie it to one toothpick. Now pull the string tighly around the other toothpick. This will cause the seam to curl upwards on the ends. Once it is curled enough to create a "cup" then tie off the string to the second toothpick.

Olds

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

owrstrich

finally i had good cheeze karma on the 5th time... the pepperoni and pepper cheeze in the wrap is awesome...

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

smokinrookiejr

me and my stepdad are smoking the chicken rolls again and wewere almost out of cherry pucks so we are going to mix aldr and cherry well let you know how it turns out[:)][:D][8D][:I][:o)][;)][}:)][:p][B)][8][:(][8)][|)][xx(][:(!][:0][:X][^][V][?]

smokin in the boys room!

Chez Bubba

SRJ,

I think you are now in the record book as to most smilies in one post![:D]

Kirk

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

smokinrookiejr

ya well, we finnished cooking the chicken rolls and they were a little dry. actually ony the small ones were dry. we cooked tem to long if i remember correctly we cooked them for 31/2 hours the time before that we cooked them for 21/2 next time we wont cook them for only 3 hours

smokin in the boys room!

gotbbq

Oldman-

I made your chicken with bacon.  Was it ever easy and great.  My bacon didn't get as well done as yours.  Maybe next time i'll turn up the heat all the way to darken the bacon.  What do you think?

gotbbq