Chicken and Bacon

Started by Oldman, January 31, 2005, 02:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

gotbbq,

I live in Florida and when I did these it was a good 75 degrees F outside.

Someone suggested popping them in a hot broiler for a few minutes to brown/ crisp them up. I like that idea.

BTW did you lose your cheese? If not what did you do?
Olds

Olds

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

SMOKEHOUSE ROB

has anybody thought of just cutting a slit at one end of the breast like making a pocket , and then stuff the breast with cheese? just a thought.

Crazy Canuck

Someone suggested popping them in a hot broiler for a few minutes to brown/ crisp them up. I like that idea.

Olds/BBQ

Found that 45 seconds in microwave [:0] finishs the bacon off perfectly.[;)]

At least for my tastebuds[^]

Addicted to Smokin[:p][:p][:p]
DanR @ Fort St. Joohn BC

Oldman

I don't really have a problem losing my cheeze. I did on the first ones. After I started to leave the seam up and curl the ends up to make a "cup" I had cheese.[:D]

I think I'm going to try using a turkey breast. Slice it real thin and maybe soak it in a chicken broth over night. The pieces that will be left over I will cube up and cook them in the broth with some celery, carrots, chicken backs, necks, feet, bay leaf, dill weed, and all spice and a little white pepper  for a Turkey/ Chicken soup~~! Maybe make some noodles too! Nothing like a good home made noodle. One that takes a chewing to eat. Not like that Egg Noodle crap you purchase in the store.

Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

psdubl07

I had mentioned the broiler thing and it worked pretty good.  But the overlapped portions of bacon were still not cooked all the way.
I guess a workaround would be to roll up the other ingredients, stick in a toothpick to hold, then wrap the bacon so there are no overlapping wraps, just one "continuous" wrap using multiple pieces.  You could then remove the 1st toothpick if you needed to, and put it in another place, or multiple picks if needed.

I was worried about the chicken getting overdone because it's pounded so thin, so I didn't want to crank up the heat too high in the smoker.  This is why I used the broiler w/ a quick turn or two of the wrap to get all sides.   Only problem here is the bacon starts to "curl" and was coming off the wrap because I didn't go crazy w/ toothpicks.  But in the end, who cares.  Sliced them up and they were damn tasty! [:D]

gotbbq

Olds-

I'm not sure why but i didnt have any trouble keeping the bs at 230 degrees.  FYI- I added jalepenos (pickeled from the jar) to the inside of a few.  They were great too.  Not wicked spicy, just a good kick,  Again, thanks for the recipe

gotbbq

simmy

gotbbq,

Great idea with the jalapenos, I am going to have to give that a try this weekend.

Steve

Oldman

I got an idea.... more than using turkey. Sitting here I remember something I did in the past after reading about those jalapenos. No I will not be using jalapenos.  I will photo it all for ya!

Cya soon on the next posting of results.

Olds

MallardWacker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">I added jalepenos <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

NOW we are talking[:p]....I would sure would try fresh Jalapenos, very thinly sliced...GREAT idea gb.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

BigSmoker

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by SMOKEHOUSE ROB</i>
<br />has anybody thought of just cutting a slit at one end of the breast like making a pocket , and then stuff the breast with cheese? just a thought.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I have done this on many occassions.  Remove tenderloin for later use.  Slit breast on fat side to make a pocket, stuff with your liking, always using some kind of cheese to help keep chicken moist.  Use toothpicks to close.  Wrap with bacon if desired cook as normal.  Steve Rachlin details this type thing in BBQ USA[;)]

Jeff

Some say BBQ is in your blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.
Some people say BBQ is in the blood, if thats true my blood must be BBQ sauce.

gotbbq

Olds-

Regarding your chicken ham and cheese rolled in bacon a suggestion;  Chicken ham and cheese rolled in bacon for sale = $3.25,
Filet of free range chicken, surrounding a blend of imported cheese and southern farm raised ham, encapsulated in thick sliced, maple cured bacon and smoked to a golden perfection = $26.00.[^][^][^]

Thanks for the recipe[:D]

gotbbq

whitetailfan

Tried this recipe after a long anticipated wait first time this weekend.  Outstanding - give it a try!

<font color="green">whitetailfan</font id="green">
"Nice Rack"
Lethbridge, AB
Vegetarian is an ancient aboriginal word meaning "lousy hunter"
We have enough youth...how about a fountain of smart?
Living a healthy lifestyle is simply choosing to die at the slowest possible rate.

Phone Guy

There is recipe I have used several times that is very similar to this. I take a duck, pheasant, chicken breast, filet it length wise (not all the way through) place a good strip of <font color="red">cream cheese </font id="red">in there and about <font color="red">4 or 5 pickled jalapenos </font id="red">on top of the cream cheese then fold the breast top over that then wrap with bacon. The thinner stuff works better. I have always just fried mine but maybe a light smoke then crisp up in the pan. This I learned from a guy named Bob Richardson, he and I are on the board of directors for the Shasta County Sportsmen Association. I cooked these for my Mom and Dad and they loved them. I did try to do the chicken breast in the smoker with mozzerrla cheese. It was the first time I smoked. They were a little to smokey. If you try the cream cheese and jalapenos, you wont go wrong.

owrstrich

i got the chehachiba jones...

you gotts to eat...

owrstrich

i am johnny owrstrich... i disapprove of this post...

Chez Bubba

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by owrstrich</i>
<br />i got the chehachiba jones...<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Go to your doctor, it can be cured.[;)][}:)][:D]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?