Chicken and Bacon

Started by Oldman, January 31, 2005, 02:43:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

This is my Chicken, ham and cheeze rolled in bacon.

This one I smoked today only only using 3 pucks worth. I think 4 pucks is the answer as this was my 3rd time to try different smoke times. 6 pucks too much smoke flavor. 8 pucks is way too much.

Nevertheless, it was big hit with the family today.

http://rminor.com

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

jeanne

Oh my gosh, that looks so good. Could I please have the recipe? [?][:p]
Jeanne

nsxbill

Looks real tasty.  Bacon cooked done enough, or do you just use later for breakfast?

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

JJC

Looks great, Olds! [:p]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA

Oldman

jeanne
This is so easy to do. I picked up on the idea from another posting here. Sorry, I don't remember who posted it originally.

Anywhy these are skinless/boneless chick breast. Now to start with I will cut the breast into two slices. That would be 4 slices per whole chicken breast. (2 slices per half of breast.) Next I use a high quality low salt sandwich ham, provolone cheese and bacon.

After you cut the chicken into slices pound them down into a thinner pieces.

Now take 4 slices of bacon and lay them side by side. Take a fifth piece of bacon and lay it across the four strips at the center. Next it is just a matter of layering the stuff on top of the becon. This is the order I layer everything in:
1.)1 slice Chicken
2.)1 slice Ham
3.)1 slice Cheeze
4.)1 slice Chicken
5.)1 slice Ham
6.)1 slice Cheeze

Now roll your chicken, ham cheeze up the best you can. I know it is not going to look like it will all roll up correctly, but it roll up good enough.

Now tie the roll together using the 4 piece of bacon and toothpicks. Once that is done then take the cross piece of bacon and pull it up and over both ends of the roll and toothpick it as well.

Heat Bradley at least 30 minutes. I have the slider 3/4 way to the right. I suggest 4 pucks of your favorite wood. I used maple this time.  About 2-1/2 to 2-3/4 hours it will be smoked/ cooked.

As I posted earlier we tried 8, then 6, and then 3 pucks worth of smoke. We feel that 4 pucks would be the correct amount that would give you a good balance of flavors without over powering the rest of the items.

Good Luck
Olds

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Looks real tasty. Bacon cooked done enough, or do you just use later for breakfast?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Bacon eaten with the chicken roll. [:D]

MallardWacker

Olds,

<b><u><font color="blue">That is simply a HOME RUN.</font id="blue"> </u> </b>  Heavens,  I just love a recipe that when I see it I say "I gotta do dat".  If it wasn't for a basketball tourney this weekend, I would be taking advantage of the chicken population.

SmokeOn,

mski
Perryville, Arkansas
Wooo-Pig-Soooie

If a man says he knows anything at all, he knows nothing what he aught to know.  But...

SmokeOn,

Mike
Perryville, Arkansas

It's not how much you smoke but how many friends you make while doing it...

Ian

Olds: looks outstanding! bet it tastes even better, will add it to my appetizer's to do list. It's right along the lines of what Ive been looking for. [:D]

Ian{STEELERS FAN!!}

jeanne

Thank you so much. I will make this recipe for our super bowl party.
I might even make some ABT to go along with it. Hmmmmmmm I can hardly wait! [:D] [:D]
Jeanne

Chez Bubba

Chicken Cordon Olds! Mmmmm, Mmmmm.[:p]

http://www.chezbubba.com
Ya think next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non?" they would mind?
http://www.brianswish.com
Ya think if next time I check into a hotel & they ask "Smoking or Non", they would mind?

nsxbill

Olds,

Your chicken breast recipe needs temperature of cabinet added.  Did you check it?

Bill
There is room on earth for all God's creatures....right on my plate next to the mashed potatoes.

Oldman

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Your chicken breast recipe needs temperature of cabinet added. Did you check it?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote"> Only by feeling the smoke. [:0] My best guess is 220-240 degrees. However, as I stated the heat control was 3/4 way to the right.

I guess I will have to go get something to measure the temperature for you folk. Normally I just taste/ feel the smoke and adjust as I see it. I'm going to do some this Friday for a customer and I will read the cabinet then. [:D]

Olds

humpa

Oh boy Olds.....Looks yummy!! I'm doing a major smoke for the superbowl and I'm doing a 7# pork roast dressed in bacon, 10# smoked sweet & sour meatballs,20# roasted chicken breasts thinly sliced in a honey-garlic alfredo sauce, 40# beef brisket apple brine cured, and of course my bacon wrapped chicken soaked in zesty Italian dressing. That should be enough for 40-50 people. Darn....now I made myself hungry!!!

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!

jeanne

Wow! That made me hungry too! Sounds great!

JJC

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by humpa</i>
<br />Oh boy Olds.....Looks yummy!! I'm doing a major smoke for the superbowl and I'm doing a 7# pork roast dressed in bacon, 10# smoked sweet & sour meatballs,20# roasted chicken breasts thinly sliced in a honey-garlic alfredo sauce, 40# beef brisket apple brine cured, and of course my bacon wrapped chicken soaked in zesty Italian dressing. That should be enough for 40-50 people. Darn....now I made myself hungry!!!

Hey Doc...I'm down to 2 racks a day!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Don't give me the address . . . I'm close enough I just might show up![:D]

John
Newton MA
John
Newton MA