Just got DBS6, slightly damaged?

Started by elittle, June 10, 2009, 02:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elittle

I finally got my DBS6 from UPS yesterday and just started it seasoning. The only thing I can see wrong with it so far are some screws in the back. The bottom row of screws (mostly the 2 corner screws) that attach the rear cover plate that covers the whole back of the smoker are in very crooked. It seems they were screwed in that way, maybe the holes didn't line up right in the plate and on the smoker body? I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this happen, and if so, did it negatively effect the smokers function in any way? Thanks for any help.

I'm posting 2 pictures of the screws so you can see what I'm talking about. :D

Smokin Soon

Looks a little odd, but I sure as heck would not let a little thing like that delay my first smoke!!!! Get that baby smokin!  ;D

elittle

Yeah, I'm not too concerned, just curious if thats happened to anyone else. It's seasoning now, and so far I'm impressed. The ease at which the wood feeds in is amazing, and there is a ton of smoke! There is by far 5 times as much smoke coming out compared to my last smoker, I can't wait to put some food into it tomorrow. :D

OU812

elittle

Looks like that one was made around quiting time. It just looks like the screws were put in a little crooked.

Smoke on

Margareeman

Good luck elittle, just got my 4 rack yesterday and love'n it. I am going to get some chicken tomorrow and through it in.
Norman