Debbie – I got my new Keurig

Started by Habanero Smoker, June 13, 2009, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deb415611

I unplugged it overnight thinking that it might help but it did not.

When I was talking with the tech person I said "I was hoping you would tell me to press a couple buttons together'' but she didn't have that as a solution.  I will google and try to find that button order.

They are sending me a new one but it hasn't shipped yet.

I did get two cups of coffee out of it... I tried the ice tea setting and I'm going to like that.

Smokin Soon

Does not hurt to try.

There are 4 steps to fix this:

1. Simultaneously press and release "small mug" and "medium mug". Immediately afterward press "menu" 3 times. (Menu is the black button under the display screen.) You should see a time 6:09 on your screen.

2. Press "menu" once. Your LCD screen should say Brew 0:00.

3. (I messed this step up like 10 times and had to unplug the machine, then replug it and start over at step one. You have to unplug if the LCD displays "auto ____". If it continues to flash "Not Ready" and "Brew" then you can just keep trying step 3). Press and hold "medium mug". While holding "medium mug" press and release "menu". Immediately after pressing "menu" (while still holding "medium mug") press "small mug". Release "small mug" and "medium mug" at the same time. This entire thing needs to be done very quickly. as soon as you release "menu" go to "small mug" and release both buttons quickly.

4. Unplug the machine (do not turn it off). Wait for 3 seconds or so. Plug it back in, turn it on and follow the instructions for priming.

deb415611

Thanks SS!

Unfortunately it doesn't work.  The menu button does nothing and it doesn't have separate buttons like the older model for the cup sizes.  I guess I'm going to have to wait  :(

At least Dunkin Donuts is only 1 1/2 miles away in a couple of directions (probably six of them within 3 miles).  If I known last week that I would be without a coffee maker this long I would have invested $10 in  a cheap regular coffee maker - it would have been cheaper than DD for a week plus

Smokin Soon

FLBentRider

Is there life before coffee ?

I don't want to find out.

I bought a french press a while back for camping that is the "Backup".

Nearest DD is 11 miles!

I have this one -

http://www.amazon.com/Thermos-34-Ounce-Insulated-Stainless-Steel-Gourmet/dp/B00004S1DB
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Since I had my Keurig, I don't know what I would do without one. Now I'm thinking I should have kept my old one instead of giving it to my sister.

Deb;
I just got home, and my k-cups were waiting for me. I going to try one of the ice teas as soon as I log off. How did you like the ice beverage setting? Is your other machine still holding up?

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Habs,

I was able to make two cups of iced coffee with the ice beverage setting before it died.  I really like that feature, I like my coffee strong and it was perfect.  The old machine is dead.  I received the shipping email today on the replacement and it won't be here until Monday.  I think I'm going to run out to Target and buy a really cheap coffee maker to get me through Monday morning, they have all their back to college deals on so I should be able to get one for $10. 

I did do the registration online and placed an order right before it died.  I have some of the iced tea k-cups coming. 

Maybe I'll luck out and be able to use another code when I register the replacement. 

Deb

NePaSmoKer

I guess i will stick with my Tassimo  ;D

nepas

FLBentRider

And me with my Capresso.

::) ::)
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: deb415611 on July 16, 2009, 02:08:40 PM
Habs,

I was able to make two cups of iced coffee with the ice beverage setting before it died.  I really like that feature, I like my coffee strong and it was perfect.  The old machine is dead.  I received the shipping email today on the replacement and it won't be here until Monday.  I think I'm going to run out to Target and buy a really cheap coffee maker to get me through Monday morning, they have all their back to college deals on so I should be able to get one for $10. 

I did do the registration online and placed an order right before it died.  I have some of the iced tea k-cups coming. 

Maybe I'll luck out and be able to use another code when I register the replacement. 

Deb

Yeah! The ice beverage feature is great. I never got a chance to make one of my ice teas last evening. If they put you through that grief, they should just give you all four boxes for free when you re-register. Sorry you got a clunker, but you have had one for over 4 years and you know how dependable they are.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Up In Smoke

I know that i am way behind the curve here but i got my machine a month ago,
i have already run 15 gallons of water through it......
I am really liking some of the flavors available.
the problem is i keep trying all kinds of stuff cause it is still new and am running
a little short on sleep!  :o
i am also having problems reading anything that i write down.
are the decaf flavors good?
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

deb415611

Quote from: Up In Smoke on February 04, 2010, 04:23:15 PM
I know that i am way behind the curve here but i got my machine a month ago,
i have already run 15 gallons of water through it......
I am really liking some of the flavors available.
the problem is i keep trying all kinds of stuff cause it is still new and am running
a little short on sleep!  :o
i am also having problems reading anything that i write down.
are the decaf flavors good?

I haven't tried many decaf flavors but....  I mainly drink Green Mountain Dark Magic - both the regular & the decaf ----- and can't tell the difference between the two. 

deb415611

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 16, 2009, 06:06:14 PM

nepas

Really ;D ;D ;D ;D   how many gallons of water have you run through your Keurig ;D

Up In Smoke

Quote from: deb415611 on February 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 16, 2009, 06:06:14 PM

nepas

Really ;D ;D ;D ;D   how many gallons of water have you run through your Keurig ;D
15 gallons of water so far!
i have 2 more to go before i fill all the jugs again.
don't ask why but i am keeping track.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

TTNuge

I love the Green Mountain French Roast.  I have the older Keurig model in my cube at work and have always got a few dirty looks because of all the noise the pump makes.  Sounds like that one needs to come home and a new one for the office is in order.