Debbie – I got my new Keurig

Started by Habanero Smoker, June 13, 2009, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Up In Smoke

QuoteI haven't tried many decaf flavors but....  I mainly drink Green Mountain Dark Magic - both the regular & the decaf ----- and can't tell the difference between the two.
I have tried the Newmans own bold but it was a little too much for me.....so i mixed some hot chocolate in it.
WOW! talk about a cup of giddyup.
2 Bradley OBS
Some people are like Slinkies... They're really good for nothing.
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

deb415611

Quote from: Up In Smoke on February 04, 2010, 05:24:18 PM
QuoteI haven't tried many decaf flavors but....  I mainly drink Green Mountain Dark Magic - both the regular & the decaf ----- and can't tell the difference between the two.
I have tried the Newmans own bold but it was a little too much for me.....so i mixed some hot chocolate in it.
WOW! talk about a cup of giddyup.

and I drink it black :D

Up In Smoke

A little too hard on the ole tum tum if i do that! :'(
2 Bradley OBS
...But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.

Up In Smoke

Quote from: TTNuge on February 04, 2010, 05:23:31 PM
I love the Green Mountain French Roast.  I have the older Keurig model in my cube at work and have always got a few dirty looks because of all the noise the pump makes.  Sounds like that one needs to come home and a new one for the office is in order.
I still have a lot of flavors to try, i kinda like the black breakfast tea too.
2 Bradley OBS

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Up In Smoke on February 04, 2010, 05:12:31 PM
Quote from: deb415611 on February 04, 2010, 05:07:27 PM
Quote from: NePaSmoKer on July 16, 2009, 06:06:14 PM
I guess i will stick with my Tassimo  ;D

nepas

Really ;D ;D ;D ;D   how many gallons of water have you run through your Keurig ;D
15 gallons of water so far!
i have 2 more to go before i fill all the jugs again.
don't ask why but i am keeping track.

Well since that post we have switched to a Keurig special edition and have gone through 15 boxes of k-cups. I like the dark roasts Emerils bam and big easy bold, kona and allot of the green mtn.

Ok we joined the Keurig wagon.

Up In Smoke

2 Bradley OBS

FLBentRider

Sumatran reserve extra bold at the office.

Powers the whole IT dept.
Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Habanero Smoker

I have the Platinum that allows you to make 12 oz cups. That size if good for brewing the bold, extra bold and dark roast varieties of k-cups; such as Newman's. I have a bunch of Green Mountain Dark Magic decaf that I haven't tried yet. I'll try a cup this morning. The reason I have so much is I don't drink decaf, and I keep getting them in the variety packs that I receive as gifts.

I mainly like the flavored coffees, and like to experiment with the new flavors as they are released. I just received the winter blend and French toast made by Green Mt. If you haven't checked out the milk chocolate by Cafe Escapes, you need to try it. It is a little more costly, but it is well worth it. It makes Green Mt. hot cocoa tastes like mud water.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Up In Smoke

Habs,
I like the milk chocolate as well, In fact i think that is the
way i will start today. Thank you.
2 Bradley OBS

Habanero Smoker

I'm going to make a cup of the decaf now and let you know how it is. I may take a picture of my coffee station and post that later.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on February 05, 2010, 01:43:53 AM
I have the Platinum that allows you to make 12 oz cups. That size if good for brewing the bold, extra bold and dark roast varieties of k-cups; such as Newman's. I have a bunch of Green Mountain Dark Magic decaf that I haven't tried yet. I'll try a cup this morning. The reason I have so much is I don't drink decaf, and I keep getting them in the variety packs that I receive as gifts.

I mainly like the flavored coffees, and like to experiment with the new flavors as they are released. I just received the winter blend and French toast made by Green Mt. If you haven't checked out the milk chocolate by Cafe Escapes, you need to try it. It is a little more costly, but it is well worth it. It makes Green Mt. hot cocoa tastes like mud water.

Like my coffee I like my chocolate dark.  I like the dark hot chocolate by Cafe Escapes.

I brew my Dark Magic on the 5 or 7 oz setting (usually 7)

Up In Smoke

Deb,
bed bath and beyond in my area has the best selection of
k cups, who generaly has the best prices?
2 Bradley OBS

deb415611

UIS,

Do you have a Costco nearby?  Right now (and I hope they have for along time) I am buying directly from Keurig.  Costco has $100 of Keurig gift certificates for $79.99.  At the Keurig website I get a 15% discount (it's a club thing that you automatically get enrolled in & it doesn't take much to get to the 15% off level, plus you earn points towards a big discount off the platinum brewer) So right now the cost is averaging about 9.50 for the 24 packs using the gift certicates that I buy from Costco.  Plus, they have free shipping if you buy over a certain amount which I think is about 4 boxes. 

The other thing I like about Keurig is that they have boxes of 5, so you can buy a small quantity of something to try.  If you buy 4 boxes of 24 you get a free 5 pack also.

Deb

Up In Smoke

Thanks deb,
I have a costco within sight of work.
Looks like a trip over at lunch!
2 Bradley OBS

deb415611

Quote from: Up In Smoke on February 05, 2010, 04:30:05 AM
Thanks deb,
I have a costco within sight of work.
Looks like a trip over at lunch!

Costco also have big boxes of green mountain.  Not sure of the cost or what flavor - but do know it's not Dark Magic.....