Debbie – I got my new Keurig

Started by Habanero Smoker, June 13, 2009, 02:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: deb415611 on June 24, 2009, 02:51:18 PM

I have 40 pts on another email address.   I'm trying to get them to combine the two accounts.

I hope the old one lasts for another 500 pts.  It's starting to sound funky every once in awhile.
Five hundred k-cups would be a six month's supply for me, but it sounds like a three month supply for you. I hope it hangs in there. With the ice beverage feature, I find myself using mine more often. Besides my morning coffee, I now make 2 - 4 glasses of ice tea or ice coffee during the day.

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 24, 2009, 03:06:42 PM
They have the b-40 model at Wallymart, whats the trade-off?

Also it is not programmable, such as set times to turn on/off; no automatic shutoff feature; no heat adjustment; and no backlight in the tank to better see the water level. The B-40 brews good coffee, but if you are going to purchase one, and are starting at the entry level; I would spend an extra $30 and get the Special Edition B-60. It's programmable, and has many features of the Platinum B-70.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

deb415611

Habs & anyone else with a Keurig...

I was just in Costco and they have a package of two $50 keurig gift certificates for $79.99.  I'm going to look at the keurig website & email or call to make sure we would still get % off and accumulate points if we used a gift certificate to purchase coffee.  I'm afraid that they won't give the discount & points but if they do it makes a really sweet deal.  The gift certificates did say that you couldn't purchase a brewer or gift certificates with them.

Deb

Buck36

It is funny to stumble on this conversation. I just got a whole lecture last night from a friend about how great burr grinders are. The conical being the best type of burr grinder. Coffee definitely has evolved!!

Habanero Smoker

Thanks Debbie. I need to take a trip out that way next week. Is there any experation date on the certificates?

With regular gift certificates they give you the points; discounts,and free shipping; hopefully they will do the same with these certificates.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 02, 2009, 03:14:33 AM
Thanks Debbie. I need to take a trip out that way next week. Is there any experation date on the certificates?

With regular gift certificates they give you the points; discounts,and free shipping; hopefully they will do the same with these certificates.

I didn't think to look for expiration date.  I did not see anything on the website that said using using certain gift certificates would prevent you from getting the discount & points.  I sent an email last night specifically asking about the gift certificates purchased at Costco. 

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on July 02, 2009, 03:14:33 AM

Actually, I think gift cards purchased in CT are not allowed to have an expiration date.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: deb415611 on July 02, 2009, 03:25:14 AM

Actually, I think gift cards purchased in CT are not allowed to have an expiration date.

Now I know why Am. Ex. won't allow me to send a gift card directly from their site to my niece in CT. I have to have it mail to myself, then either mail it, or personally give it to her.

Thanks. I have to get over there.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

here is the reply I received about using the gift cards purchased at Costco....

Thank you for your email.  You may use the Keurig's Costco gift certificate in conjunction with your coffee club discount.

Smokin Soon

Question on the Keurig....If using the K-Cups and have 2 brew sizes, is the larger one a little weak? I like a large cup of dark strong coffee.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 02, 2009, 08:06:22 PM
Question on the Keurig....If using the K-Cups and have 2 brew sizes, is the larger one a little weak? I like a large cup of dark strong coffee.

For the same type of K-cup the larger cup size is always a little weaker. There are several types of K-cups that I usually won't use the larger size cups. If you like a stronger tasting coffee, always look for the flavors that are marked dark roast, extra bold and/or extra extra bold. But I have found that over time my taste in coffee has change, and I like making the large cup sizes out of flavors that are marked regular, medium roast. Or you can use two k-cups per for one large mug; just brew two smaller cups into a large mug that will hold both servings, but that can get expensive.

If you have a Hannaford's near by, they sell self serve coffee using the Keurig. That is how I got hooked on them. You can try difference coffees, in differrent sizes to get an idea if you would want one or not. Also the machine comes with a handy guide of the brands, and explains the flavor of many of the year round k-cups.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Quote from: Smokin Soon on July 02, 2009, 08:06:22 PM

SS,

I like my coffee dark & strong also, I wouldn't get the Elite (B-40 because) I would never use the larger cup setting.   I would get one of the brewers with at least 3 settings.  I use Green Mountain Dark Magic coffee at the 7.25 oz setting (I think that the website says 8 oz but I believe it's actually 7.25 and they round up).  Sometimes I will use the 5.25  oz setting if I want it even stronger.  There are quite a few dark, bold choices now and you would be able to find something you like.  Like Habs suggested you should try to find a place that has one and try a couple coffees though I find that places like that don't always have a good dark selection.   

Deb

Margareeman

Not sure if you folks have a "Tweed and Hickory" in your next of the woods, thats where I bought mine and they let you sample the different coffee's and show you how to use the Keurig.

deb415611

:'( :'( :'( :'(

I jinxed it in this thread --  My Keurig is officially dead...  not bad I just looked and I bought it 12/22/04 so I guess it had a good life for a coffee maker - especially for one that was used almost every single day. 
Now I have to figure out how many boxes of coffee I need to buy to get to the 1000 point level so I can order my new coffee maker at the reduced price :D  then I'll have the same coffee maker as Habs......

Habanero Smoker

Sorry to hear about your coffee maker. Although the number of k-cup in the regular size boxes have dropped from 25 to 24, the last time I ordered Keurig was still awarding 25 points per box. Have you seen the larger 80 count boxes? I wonder if you still have to order four boxes of those to qualify for the points?

I
         don't
                   inhale.