PID mounted inside smoke generator

Started by Beerbrewer, June 17, 2009, 04:55:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbrewer

Hi all,
Did my 1st smoke last weekend,(boneless pork spare ribs) came out awesome! But now I "NEED" a PID. Purchased with help from Olds site, the PID, SSR, and thermocouple. Would really like to mount this inside the smoke generator (it looks cool) as bubbagump did.He has not been active on this forum for a couple years or I would try to contact him.Has anyone done this? and would you be willing to post the wiring diagram? Need to know how he wired the switches on the back and front of smoke generator and the plug  for the thermocouple on the back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob
"They always talk of my drinking, but not of my thirst"

Mr Walleye

Beerbrewer

I built mine mine separately but here is a link to a members blog that has details and photos how he mounted his PID inside the generator. I don't think he is an active member anymore but this link still works.

http://www.n9adg.com/articles/bbq/bradley-smoker-temperature-controller.html

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

Oldman

When he mounted the PID in the generator I was concerned as at that time generators were dieing left and right.

I would think very hard about it before I mounted a PID in a generator no matter how cool it looks.

Click On The Portal To Be Transported To Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes~~!!! 

beefmann

beer,

I put my pid inside the smoke generator fairly simple to do just follow the wireing guide and you should be fine... also becarefull to mount it in the upper right hand corner as it will interfere with some of the mechanics of the generator.. it will fit and take your time.

I have had mine mounted for over a year and ZERO problems

Beef