I guess I'm the new guy...

Started by Zagz, June 17, 2009, 05:36:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zagz

Hello all, I'm the new guy for the moment. Just got my Bradley Original yesterday, seasoned it, and I am halfway done with my first racks of baby back ribs. I've been stalking the forums for a few weeks to gather info, so I'm very optimistic they will turn out alright. Hopefully I will have some pics soon. Thanks for all the info!!

deb415611

Zagz,

Welcome to the forum!  Sounds like you are off to a great start.  

Deb

Smokin Soon

Hey Zags, welcome to the forum! Babybacks are not the easiest for a first smoke, but if you did some reading here and on our recipe sight you will do well.

KyNola

Welcome Zagz,
Wow, baby backs straight away.  I didn't have the guts when I first got my BDS but since you studied the forum first, I'm betting you knock them out of the park.

Tell us all about the finished product!

KyNola

Zagz

Ok, I pulled them out and now have them in FTC mode. They look great to my untrained eye, and my apartment has never smelled better. It's going to take a lot of patience to wait for them!

After a night in the fridge with the rub...

Getting ready to FTC...

The pics are from my phone so they're a little shaky.

HawkeyeSmokes

Mighty good looking ribs. You get an A Plus on your homework.
HawkeyeSmokes

KyNola

Dang Zagz!,
Those look great!!  Really nice job.  You have more will power than me.  There would be no FTC on those ribs at my house.  They would be nothing but a pile of naked bones.  Really nice job.

KyNola

beefmann

zagz,

welcome to the forum and good looking grub

IKnowWood

Those are some great looking ribs pre-FTC.  Good rub coverage and rib structure, great cut.  Where did you get the ribs from?

You must of had a good feed on those.
IKnowWood
Coming to you from the DelMarVa (US East Coast that is)

Look up Our Time Tested And Proven recipes

Zagz

Thanks for the responses. I loved these ribs and I plan on making many more! I brought some down to three local bartenders, ( I'm a bartender as well ) and got rave reviews. I have never had BBQ this good in upstate NY before. I have some ideas to tweak my process next time, but the info I learned here was unbelievable. Thank you all!!!

La Quinta

Holy pig Zagz.....that's a bold move for your first smoke....well done dude....oh yeah WELCOME...you're a part of a very kool family now!!!  ;D

deb415611

Tenpoint5

Some Good Looking Ribs there Zags!!! Welcome Aboard!
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

OU812

Welcome to the fun

Them's some good looking ribs, now your hooked.

Be carefull this smoking thing is addictive.

Zagz

In response to IKnowWood, I picked them up at Price Chopper, my local grocery store. The brand is Hatfield, and they have a handful of pork products out. I also have two of their St. Louis style racks to smoke on Sunday. I noticed a nice big pork shoulder which may just be next after that. All depends on how long it takes the butcher to get me those pork bellies...