The V8 of Smoke Houses

Started by Gamefish, June 18, 2009, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdennisg

Showed this to my friend and this is his response:

"It looks like it is in his back yard..... friend has the same one in his back yard but his wife was mad at him for using it. It turned out it was his Mother-in-Law house (she was inside when he did his first smoke)" ;D

jaredpost

Quote from: mrdennisg on November 07, 2009, 01:10:44 PM

"It looks like it is in his back yard..... friend has the same one in his back yard but his wife was mad at him for using it. It turned out it was his Mother-in-Law house (she was inside when he did his first smoke)" ;D

Might have to try that ::)

Gamefish

Guys just an update, summers here down here, warm water is arriving and those elusive Marlin are about to show, then this puppy will really be put through it's paces ;)

Quarlow

Hey what kind of temp can you get from this. As a kid, dad built a 3'x3'x12' plywood smoker for doing salmon. It was smoked with a hot plate and frying pan so it got pretty hot inside as to hot smoke the fish. Is yours mainly for cold smoke or will the element you put in it get some good temps inside it.
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Gamefish

Hi Quarlow, the heating element i have made controllable so i can get a true cold smoke or heat up to 150C (300F) so it makes it a great cooking tool if needed :)

Quarlow

Wow that's some good temp for a shack that size. Cool
I like to walk threw life on the path of least resistance. But sometimes the path needs a good kick in the ass.

OBS
BBQ
One Big Easy, plus one in a box.

Huntnfreak

What is the heating element you put in this beatiful beast of a smoker?!

Gamefish

Quote from: Huntnfreak on December 05, 2009, 08:19:22 PM
What is the heating element you put in this beatiful beast of a smoker?!

Huntnfreak, it is actually a radiant heater as used in restaurants outdoors to keep people warm while seated

not sure if there are 110 volt as we are 230 volt here, but here is the web link and you could always ask

www.heatmax.co.nz

Huntnfreak

Thanks for the info.  I don't think I'm to the point of needing that big of a smoker, but I'm guessing it's like a garage.  Always build it bigger because sooner or later you will fill it up!!