The V8 of Smoke Houses

Started by Gamefish, June 18, 2009, 12:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyNola

Hey guys, just dawned on me.  Wait until the Iceman gets a load of this!!  He is definitely going to be impressed with 3 smoke generators fired up.

I am amazed at the ingenuity of some of the folks on here.  Wish I could say the same for me.

KyNola

GrillZilla

Well, I have to say that this is very impressive!  Sadly, I was going to take photos of my home built smoker and post them this weekend if my racks arrive in time...but after seeing this...well, I feel like ACDC just opened up my concert for my local home town band.... :(  Maybe I will wait until the crowd stops applauding before I post mine.  hahaha....this is a joke...a very impressive setup you have and something to be very proud of.  CONGRATS!!

Ka Honu

NePaSmoKer

Man i keep looking at this and looking at my wife and i get I DONT THINK SO

You have us all beat by a long shot. Very nice smokehouse.

nepas

Ka Honu

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 18, 2009, 06:59:22 PMMan i keep looking at this and looking at my wife and i get I DONT THINK SO

nepas - You could always tell her you plan on going into business selling freshly smoked goodies to order.  I could never get away with that (since SWMBO knows I'm far too lazy to start a business) but you might be able to (and you could write off the cost of construction and supplies until the business "folded" and you had to convert the new rig to strictly personal use).

Smokin Soon

The wife just pops into my office at the wrong times. She took one look at that masterpiece and said "So now you just have to build that? I suppose Nepa has one as well?" I used my better judgement and told her I had no use for a smoker like that. That is one heck of a supercharged smoker!

Gamefish

Quote from: NePaSmoKer on June 18, 2009, 06:59:22 PM
Man i keep looking at this and looking at my wife and i get I DONT THINK SO

You have us all beat by a long shot. Very nice smokehouse.

nepas

Hi Nepas, there was some logic to building this beast, In New Zealand people are so traditional about Big Fire Smoke Houses

So i got to thinking and wanted to design something that was easy to clean and simple to operate, the idea behind 3 generators is if i needed alot of smoke i had it at my fingertips, otherwise i would only use 2

Stay tuned as i have a few friends at present hunting so i am planning to smoke a few beasts so i will post up the results, by then i would have installed an electronic timer :)

Gizmo

Quote from: 3rensho on June 18, 2009, 03:55:44 AM
Holy cow.  That looks fantastic!!!  Job most impressively done.  Congratulations and don't be shy about posting more pictures.  I've got my drool buckets out.

Tom

Holy cow, you should have said "HANG A COW".  I think you could smoke a side of beef in there.  My next smoke in that mansion would be a whole hog.  ;D
Click here for our time proven and tested recipes - http://www.susanminor.org/

NePaSmoKer

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 18, 2009, 08:29:53 PM
The wife just pops into my office at the wrong times. She took one look at that masterpiece and said "So now you just have to build that? I suppose Nepa has one as well?" I used my better judgement and told her I had no use for a smoker like that. That is one heck of a supercharged smoker!

SS say to your wife. No i dont think he does

YET  :D  :D

nepas

iceman

Very nice set up. That one is going to give you years of fun. Great pictures and thanks for the post.

minnowfisher

Awesome, just Awesome, can't say anymore, words just fail me
JFG
JFG
Ne Obliviscaris, Sans Peur
Once an Argyll, always an Argyll

Roadking

Now that's one heck of a smoker. I love the smell of smoking fish brings back alot of memories. Great job!

Blue Legend

I have seen this monster in the flesh and I can tell you it really is a masterpiece, well thought out and works a treat. Now to get a marlin to fill the thing up

muzzletim

Wow that is a cadillac of smokers! I wish my wife would consent to letting me have on!
Tim

Hopefull Romantic

wow very impressive indeed. This is not the Cadillac of all smokers but rather the hummer or the mother of all smokers. Great work and you should be proud. I don't suppose you would be willing to share the plans

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.