200 Dollars Later

Started by oakville smoker, June 18, 2009, 05:07:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakville smoker

hello everyone

I was out and about last night ( that is what we do here in Canada ) and dropped by Costco.  I am still searching for places to buy the cuts of meat for smoking that are of good quality.  A trip to the meat section and I find:

A beautiful brisket that is going to become Montreal smoked meat for the boys ( and girls ) for the last round of the US Open this weekend

An amazing pork loin that is destined to become back bacon once I figure out how all this curing stuff works and will also become a stuffed smoked loin for Saturdays dinner. 

But dont stop there.....   an awesome flank steak was begging me to take it home, how could I say no?  But wait, some super meaty back ribs.  I can see them in the smoker already.  I was also the resident expert at the meat counter selling a lady on back ribs and begging her not to boil them. She was determined.  I am sure she will succeed at making them tough and tasteless after boiling, she was determined.

We always say go big or go home....  well some nice thick bone in loin chops jumped into my cart from the fridge.  It tried to stop it but there was no contest.

Now I just have to find a place t buy some boston butt or other suitable cut for pulled pork.

I can see some cooking in my future..........
All I wanted to do was slow smoke some ribs.  Another addiction created thanks to the Bradley that requires regular servicing...  But what an addiction to have.  Even better to share here with some of the best people on the planet.

Would you like smoke with that sir ?

3rensho

Sounds like you got a nice mess of starting materials for some great eatin'.  Don't hesitate to post some pix of the finished products.
Somedays you're the pigeon, Somedays you're the statue.

lumpy

If I wasn't leaving for Colorado tommorow morning, I'd drop by to taste all the goodies  :'(

Then again, I can come over tonight, anything smoking today? I can be there in 45 minutes............just kidd'n.

Got addicted eh fellow Canuk!

Lumpy

pensrock

Sounds great, I cannot find a whole brisket anywhere around where I live. That bites!

KyNola

Oak,
You sound a lot like me.  Went to buy 1 fillet of salmon.  Came home with over $100 worth of salmon fillets.  Also, had pork butts and ribs! :D

You just never know when you need to be prepared for when a craving for something smoked is flung on you. Credit to Jerry Clower for "a craving flung on you".  If you're not 50 years old and most likely from the South in the U.S., you have no idea who Jerry Clower is.  Yazoo City Mississippi is the hometown of Jerry. Sorry, way off subject.

KyNola