New CyberQ II From BBQ Guru avalible now

Started by carnie1, June 16, 2009, 07:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caneyscud

Been eying that for a time now!   But with the forced "Change", I can't pull the plug on it right now.  And if the Guru guys would ever answer their e-mails would make me feel better also.  I've e-mailed them a question about adapting it to one of my smokers a couple of times, but have not received an answer or even an acknowlegment yet!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

Smokin Soon

Does that mean you could monitor meat temps from yor Bradley and your Traeger and see them both on your computer? Wireless range?

deb415611

Quote from: Smokin Soon on June 16, 2009, 08:45:29 AM
Does that mean you could monitor meat temps from yor Bradley and your Traeger and see them both on your computer? Wireless range?

or better yet, iphone?

Caneyscud

No, not wireless, the guru has to be hard-wired (USB) to a computer.  But once there - only your imagination, ability, and $$ will limit what and where.

Habanero Smoker

The CyberQ II can be made wireless with the use of USB wireless adapter. I believe you will also need an adapter to change the standard port of the Wireless USB to a miniport. With that you can connect to your wireless home network. The range would depend on your current wireless network, and your adapter.

I
         don't
                   inhale.
  ::)

Caneyscud

That's good news!  I had been told (not by the guru people) that the guru did not supply power to the USB port and you would have to use a powered adaptor.

Smokin Soon

Would one of you good people just buy the thing and report? I just get too exited about new toys and then disappointed.

Habanero Smoker

I would love to have this gadget, but maybe next year when I plan on getting more equipment.

Caney;
You are right about the hard wiring. I haven't been on their forum in a while, but they added more information. Back in February they stated you could do so with a USB wireless adapter, now they are saying to make it wireless it still has to be hard wired to a wireless USB hub. It's not a power problem, but it is not designed to be  ethernet server.

Cyber QII

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

SS - sorry as much as I like my toys it won't be me.  In a perfect world I would hard wire to the media server I want to build & control it from whereever with my phone  but.......  the kid is registering for his classes today and I imagine the first tuition bill won't be far behind :o :o  No more toys for Deb for awhile :(.

Habs, He's going to be in your state.  We'll be traveling to Dobbs Ferry occasionally.

Habanero Smoker

Quote from: deb415611 on June 17, 2009, 03:15:28 AM
SS - sorry as much as I like my toys it won't be me.  In a perfect world I would hard wire to the media server I want to build & control it from whereever with my phone  but.......  the kid is registering for his classes today and I imagine the first tuition bill won't be far behind :o :o  No more toys for Deb for awhile :(.

Habs, He's going to be in your state.  We'll be traveling to Dobbs Ferry occasionally.

He couldn't have picked a better state, of course second to Connecticut. :) I been to Dobbs Ferry, it a beautiful town. Will he be attending Mercy College or one of the many colleges nearby.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

deb415611

Quote from: Habanero Smoker on June 17, 2009, 03:21:51 AM
Quote from: deb415611 on June 17, 2009, 03:15:28 AM

He couldn't have picked a better state, of course second to Connecticut. :) I been to Dobbs Ferry, it a beautiful town. Will he be attending Mercy College or one of the many colleges nearby.

Yes, Mercy College,  it was a late decision and we are still waiting on housing decision, which I hope he gets since he applied so late or we will be scrambling looking for a place for him to live.  It is beautiful there, the campus is right on the Hudson River and two minute walk from campus to Metro North train station (~1/2 hr to Grand Central).  I have this feeling they spend alot of weekend evenings in NYC :D 

Habanero Smoker

He made a good choice. That is a very highly rated college, and a very nice location.

I
         don't
                   inhale.

lumpy

You geeks and your toys. It took me weeks to figure out my PID and ET-73. Thankfully the thermapen was alot easier.

Good toys though ;D

Now you tell me there is something even better ::)
My wife will ask me what I need a second BDS for.

Lumpy