Maximum Temperature

Started by Ken C., August 19, 2009, 03:15:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken C.

>  Hello all:

>  it's been several months since I've last posted, but have continued tor read some of the new
posts a few days a week

>  I've mentioned I have the standard Weber oval which we use for fast cooks, burgers, chicken
steaks etc

>  we also have had for about 5 years now, a Primo Oval ceramic smoker - absolutely fantastic

>  have been wanting to add to the "collection" the digital 4 rack smoker; the Bradley site states
temperature control up to 320 degrees:

>  comments?.....I've read, unfortunately too many posts about only being able to reach 200 or so

pkcdirect

If you are looking for a good deal on a digital Bradley check out this link... http://www.manventureoutpost.com/outdoor/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=52_53&products_id=8102

I just bought a 6 Rack Digital for $376.32 + Shipping (which was real reasonable due to weight & where I live from shipping point).  It was delivered yesterday, they shipped it the day after I bought it and if it wasn't for the weekend I would have had it Friday instead of Monday.

There have been several others take advantage of that price also.
Paul    

MES 40" w/1200 Watt Element & Window
Bradley BSS
A-MAZE-N-SMOKER

KyNola

Welcome,
I've had my BDS for over 2 years and have never had a problem coming up to temps above 200.  While I have never had a reason to try to go to 320, I don't know why I would with a smoker.  Mine will preheat to 260-270 with no issue.  Poultry for me means 250 smoke/cook temp.  No problem with my BDS.  I don't have any mods or add ons to my BDS.  Works like a charm for me.

Relax and have fun.  You won't be disappointed.

KyNola

Caneyscud

I'm with my friend from KY - no need for 320 even if you could.  I've had my DBS4 up to almost 300, but like KY on usually get the preheat up to 260 - 270.  Depending on how big of a load, sometimes it takes a while to get back up to 225 - my preferred smoking temp.  Though never a problem getting it up above 200.   

BTW - one question about Kentucky gals - well Louisville at least - do all the gals bleach their hair blonde.  I don't think I've seen so many dark roots - even the weather girl and the traffic girl and the female anchor of one of the local news all had the reverse skunk stripe!
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

mikecorn.1

I also have no problems reaching smoking temp 225, if anything, i have to watch it at the beginning to make sure that puppy dont shoot up to high. Last weekend I was doing some ribs and while they were in a boat, the temp had shot up to 275 in the tower (use a maverick et-73) I've never had a problem with the temp not ever getting over 200. I usualy pre-heat to 275. Also I keep a couple of bricks at the bottom of the bradley, seems to help recover heat after opening door.
Mike

Hopefull Romantic

I also have to agree with all three members as if they were using my BDS6. Warming up to 270 is easily and recovery to 225 - 230 may take some time but gets back up there. Again don't worry and have fun and welcome aboard.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.