Cleaning DBS?

Started by Gman74, June 19, 2009, 08:11:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gman74

What are most of you doing with regards to cleaning your DBS, or aren't you?  Are you giving it a wipe down inside all around, if so with what?

Is it normal to have or see a build-up/film on the chamber around the door?

What about your racks and drip tray,,,soaking in warm soapy water then scrubbing till clean?

Thanks.

Cheers,
G.

Tenpoint5

Quote from: Gman74 on June 19, 2009, 08:11:50 AM
What are most of you doing with regards to cleaning your DBS, or aren't you?  Are you giving it a wipe down inside all around, if so with what?

Is it normal to have or see a build-up/film on the chamber around the door?

What about your racks and drip tray,,,soaking in warm soapy water then scrubbing till clean?

Thanks.

Cheers,
G.
Gman,
That build up you see on the door and in the cabinet is just extra flavoring for your cooks. The racks, vtray, water bowl an pan are all that I usually wash after a smoke.
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

KyNola

I'm with 10.5 on this one, just the racks, v-tray, bowl and pan.  One thing you want to do fairly regularly is take rubbing alcohol and wipe down the front of the cabinet where the door gasket seals against it.  Also, wipe down the face of the door gasket itself in order to remove sticky smoke residue.  Failure to do so may result in the gasket sticking to the cabinet face and when you force it open, pull the gasket off your door.

KyNola

OU812

I just clean the racks, V tray and the bowl in hot soapy water. The only time I clean the bottom tray is when it looks nasty.

If there is any flaky or loose stuff on the inside of the cabnet I just loosely wad up a piece of foil and lightly rub it off.

After every smoke I wash the door seal and the contact surface of the cabnet with denatured alcohol.

mikecorn.1

New Smoker here, thanks for posting this info, I just got my dbs yesterday and was wondering about the cleaning.
Mike

rooster445

all i clean is the racks and i put them in the dish washer

beefmann

i clean the racks and v tray after each use. and as nessary any excessive build up as necessary especially around the heating element. The heater and build up has created fires inside the bradley.

NePaSmoKer

Let the inside get crusty it will smoke better. Just clean the racks, v tray, bottom pan and water bowl.

nepas

lumpy

I clean the V tray with easy-off. Works great!
As far as the racks, I soak them overnight. Makes for an easier cleanup the next day.

Lumpy

OU812

I also clean the V tray with oven cleaner

bbqjourney

The racks and vtray into the dishwasher they go, I spray them all down with non-stick spray before each use.  They come out almost like new, close enough anyway.

Hopefull Romantic

I basically do what all members haveagreed on but with one addition.

Although I am new to the Bradley family but I have noticed a couple of times when the vent closing on top gets stuck to smoke residue. Now I take that apart from the tower clean both of its surfaces and the the tower surface that gets in contact with it. Makes it easier every time.

I do love bbqjourney's idea about spraying all washable item with non stick before every smoke. I will do that next time.

HR
I am not as "think" as you "drunk" I am.