summer fishin' thread

Started by tsquared, June 21, 2009, 09:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RossP

Wish I had a boat to get out and get me some of those Springs. I have to wait for them to come up the Fraser to get them from shore. Sure looking forward to the season. Just finished off the last of last years smokes salmon.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

tsquared

When do you start bar fishing Ross?
T2

RossP

Started on Sunday, but the river looks like a Timmies double double and high.
Hopefully it will come down somw and clear up a little. Tried fishing the tidal area
on Sunday as we are from Langley and only saw two fish roll in two days.
Still early in the season.

Ross
Original Bradley Smoker
Cold Smoker Attachment
Teal Termapen

tsquared

No salmon today! Up in the dark for the first light bite but it was slow early on. I came in at 9:30 am and pulled my crab trap and got 4 dungeness keepers--so we're having crab for dinner tonight.
T2

oguard

Can't wait july 23 we will be fishing by 2pm. I love this time of year but the waiting is the part that kills me.

Mike
Catch it,Kill it,Smoke it.

Caneyscud

Went to the river last Thursday, not expecting much, as not many good reports.  However, fished how I thought it should be fished and caught lots of fish.  Only fished from 9 to 12 noon.  Stopped counting at 20 browns and a couple of brookies.  Missed the rainbow bite though so didn't get my slam.  Nothing big, as I wasn't in the part of the river for that, but had fun anyways.  Water temperature was up more than I would hope it to be, so not looking for any thing much good when the temps start really getting high in July, Aug, Sept..
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"

SaltSpringSmoker

Nice topic.  In fact, Canayscud and I have been talking fishing and Texas BBQ off line for the past couple of days.  I live on Salt Spring Island up in British Columbia, Canada, and thought I might share a few recent picks showing what the fishing's like up here.

On the boat in Houston Passage right next to our property.

Heading out for some fishing with my brother-in-law Moe.

Moe showing off his first catch of the day.

Saw some Orca's on the way home.

Didn't land anything over 17 Lbs, so can't compete with Tsquared.  But had a great time.

SaltSpringSmoker

Smoking Duck

OK, I posted this on another thread but thought I'd share here as well.  This was my very first fish I caught on my very first fishing trip in North Dakota.  I'd just got done putting in 66 hours of work in 4.5 days and we'd just hit the water (which is why I look so gruff).  I still haven't put the smile away!

Steeler....she's a keeper!

Who doesn't love lab puppies?

Click here for my blog: La Cosa Smokestra

smokeitall

Ya gotta just keep rubbin that picture in SD  >:(

MRH

Ok just got back from Canada  here is the big one I caught. 18 lbs and 43 inches long. He is still swimming around getting bigger for the next guy to catch! ;D

Mark

Mr Walleye

Nice "Toothy Critter" Mark!  ;)

They are fun to catch for sure.

Mike

Click On The Smoker For Our Time Tested And Proven Recipes

smokeitall

The smaller ones are like draggin a log off the bottom, that one I would say was probably a lot of fun to catch.

Nice fish MRH

Tenpoint5

Really nice lady you have there Mark
Bacon is the Crack Cocaine of the Food World.

Be careful about calling yourself and EXPERT! An ex is a has-been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure!

FLBentRider

Click on the Ribs for Our Time tested and Proven Recipes!

Original Bradley Smoker with Dual probe PID
2 x Bradley Propane Smokers
MAK 2 Star General
BBQ Evangelist!

Caneyscud

Oh four letter word!   I can only dream!   Never messed with one of them, but sure do want to.  We've got some chain pickerel around here and some river musky that I am dying to try for - but don't know anybody who knows how to go after them. 
"A man that won't sleep with his meat don't care about his barbecue" Caneyscud

"If we're not supposed to eat animals, how come they're made out of meat?"